Testing my new 4" at the Farm Claim 7/27/13

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well it has been a long time coming but I finally finished my new dredge. here is a short video for project "overkill" it has Alum floats, and 18" wide sluice, duel underflow "all the under and half of the upper sluice", the classifiers plates, riffles, frame, and jet flair are all Stainless steel. 11hp cheapo engine, 4x3 Keene pump, a KAC compressor with a 5 gal Stainless Steel reservoir tank. electric start and a 1100gph electric pump for priming and cleanups. running all vortex matting. I still have some tweeking to get everything located for proper weight distribution, next trip out I should have everything in place.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful work Alan!

How did it perform on catching gold?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet inductor should be underwater more to reduce that huge amount of air introduced in your jet. With your discharge end under water your restricting flow to your under current. Add a rubber difuser curtain to help even out the flow and deaireate the mix,also helps send more down below also. By laying dredge flatter and farther back on the frame,hopefully you'll ride lower and submerge that jet log more. The right turn discharge from your pump costs you over 16% psi/gpm and then yet yet another turn with a 360 is extremely costly in gpm/psi. Lotza lotza cash thrown at a 4" but YOUR cash and hope your happy with your overkill. John

Last edited:
OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
when we filmed this I had the box at the lowest angle and running about 1/2 throttle hogging out overburden. We ran about 7 hours on less than 4 gal of gas. It does have the diffuser, it is clear lexan and hard to see in the video. I will be testing as to the recovery efficiency of the boxes in the weeks to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions