Testing Tesoro Silver Umax

Herculesmarsh

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. Just took my uMax out for a second time in my front yard and it's beepin and farting all over the place no matter what settings I have. I'm assuming there's a power line or something. Thanks for the video, really helps for a newb!!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a lot of quirky beeping etc. around my house which is definitely electrical interference.
luvsdux

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a lot of quirky beeping etc. around my house which is definitely electrical interference.
luvsdux

I do too, but I wasn't sure why.
Just curious; does anyone else notice this more with their "microMAX" 5-pin machines than their "H.O.T." series machines?
Before getting mine, I'd been reading how "chatty" the HOTs can be, versus the 5 pin machines... Seems like the opposite, to me. My Eldorados, even when ground balanced neutral, seem to chatter a bit.. Not sure if that's just 'cause of the concentric coils I have on them and my soil being so mineralized, or what. My HOTs seem to run quieter when neutral balanced, and even if run slightly negative. Anyone else have that experience?

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a frequency problem. On the machines that have it, your Eldorado, try switching the frequency switch to see if you get any improvement. Surprisingly, my Conquistador which has a preset ground balance will sometimes come closer to a balance at one frequency setting or other.
luvsdux

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was running the threshold and sensitivity to high and was getting constant background chatter. I set threshold at slight hum, disc at 4 1/2 -5 and sensitivity at 4 and its silent again.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My smartphone chews up any detector I go out with....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread