Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised in the Houston Heights, and now live just north of the Heights. For many years I had a service business and carried my Garrett GTAx 400 with me and hit parks in between appointments. I have since discovered water hunting and use my Garrett AT Gold for fresh water, and a Tesoro Sand Shark for salt water.

I would still love to relic hunt in a cool spot.

Proud2BTexan

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Panhandler Lad

I live in the Panhandle and love to hunt Dust Bowl Era farm steads. Problem is the wind and the moving soil here. Sometimes find clad coins as deep as 14 inches. The conductivity is also unstable because of the sandy loam soil. Sometimes the same kind of pull tab gives a gold echo then a high silver echo. It's a little crazy and kind of frustrating. Even though I'm closer to six other state capitals than my own I still have a good time and enjoy hunting down state where it's more of a target rich environment. The drought and low humidity here also makes digging for targets " dynamite tough"!! All in all I enjoy dirt fishing almost as much as i love rodeos, whiskey,enchiladas, and pretty girls!! Have fun fellow Texans with finding the best!! I enjoy this web site from time to time and always get a kick out of the feedback from other crazies!! Dig hard,dirt daubers and enjoy!!:thumbsup: The Kid

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somervell county here! Mainly hunt in Johnson county, I got 3 other guys hitting my parks hard!!! I still got a few off the beaten track places tho! HH to all!

Proud to be a Texan!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaufman County - Will travel just about anywhere to hunt. Just PM me!

Guadtx22

Jan 30, 2014
Victoria Tx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Victoria county, the crossroads of Tx. Tons of potential this way. I just need a direction to start. Anyone have some old stories from these parts. Finding some old coind would make me happy happy happy

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaufman County here in Forney.

Hey Highplains, check into a ghost town named Becker. My great grandmother use to go to school on the old school house there at the cross roads. Huge yard all the way around it too. We use to have family reunions there.

Proud to be a Texan!

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Highplains, check into a ghost town named Becker. My great grandmother use to go to school on the old school house there at the cross roads. Huge yard all the way around it too. We use to have family reunions there.

Proud to be a Texan!

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread