What's new

Texas Fluted Paleo. Any ideas?

Jbenson

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By ideas what this was? It’s fluted but well worn. It almost looks like there is an impact scar??
 

Attachments

  • 27956AB7-95B2-49FB-AF24-038D25F2129B.webp
    27956AB7-95B2-49FB-AF24-038D25F2129B.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • DE4ED9C9-3B13-482F-A075-DEC27C457CA0.webp
    DE4ED9C9-3B13-482F-A075-DEC27C457CA0.webp
    599.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 43F207CC-2D75-4A01-8A85-57090C7A39D2.webp
    43F207CC-2D75-4A01-8A85-57090C7A39D2.webp
    233.5 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Looks like a Barber point. What you're calling flutes are thinning strikes to the base imo. Nice Lil used up Paleo!
 
Yes, I'd agree with paleo, also it probably started out life much longer and has been resharpened.
 
Thanks
 
is the base and / or sides ground?
 
Yes-but lightly
 
Good find! The odd point is probably from rework, like Smokey said.
 
Yes, I'd agree with paleo, also it probably started out life much longer and has been resharpened.

I believe it to be deliberately made that way - a style (Type).
Sorry, I don't have any SW cultures' point typology names, but there are ways to find examples of them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom