naturegirl
Bronze Member
I know what it is, but I don't know why it's in such good condition, so I've come to the "source"
Y'all know it all, and I mean that in a good way. This barrel was found by a friend of mine who was clearing brush, probably from an oil lease here in Oklahoma. She says all the barrels from the 50's were almost rusted away, but not this one, which probably dates to 1900,the Texas Fuel Company be came Texaco in 1903...I was thinking it must have super-duper lead paint on it...? any ideas? Could it be a metal other than steel? Thank you for looking....
naturegirl
naturegirl
don't know if there is anything in it, and there is so much oil field leftovers around here, that I for one wouldn't consider hazerdous waste, a lot of us grew up playing around this stuff. But I will try to keep that in mind for the future. It just seems strange that this one barrel would be in such better shape than the rest...thanks BCH
There is old oil field debris everywhere. The biggest messes were/are being cleaned up. And it doesn't look as bad as my words make it sound. Just a different state. What was Florida like in the 1920's? or in the '30's drought /dust bowl days? Oklahoma has a wild history. Now days, the oil companies are watched very closely. In fact that's an interesting thought to compare and contrast the two states, I actually know very little of Florida, except exotic animals are taking over, the swamps have been drained, dryed up and decimated, and the Indians were forced to move, well here! Oh yeah, y'all get hurricanes, we get tornados.... 








