tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My middle daughter works at a Trader Joe's and sent me this text last night saying she found a wheat penny in a new roll of penny's she cracked open for her register. I had to tell her the different between a wheat and a Indian head. I never realized she works closely with a lot of change, until she sent me this text. I replied with a list of other things from war nickels to silver clad Kennedys to keep an eye out for and the difference between a wheat penny and indian head penny. 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312-041751_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230312-041751_Messages.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Resized_20230311_191103.jpeg
    Resized_20230311_191103.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 44

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, great shape too! I was a retail store manager for years and always closed the tills at night, pulling all the wheats and anything else of note- nice to have another set of eyes working for you!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great shape too! I was a retail store manager for years and always closed the tills at night, pulling all the wheats and anything else of note- nice to have another set of eyes working for you!
I always look at what I'm handed in change, but haven't had much if any faith in decades that I need to search like some still do. Though I am finding a little joy in searching the commemorative quarters for my grandson, now that they're all out there and more still be minted. I remember when the first of the series of state quarter came out, I thought boy I'm not gonna get on with it because it'll be ten years before you'll br able to complete a full set. This penny had to have found its way out of a collection recently. No way had it been in circulation for the last 123 years. In my early years in the 1960 in looking through change did an Indian penny show up that I recall. They were long gone by even back then. Last interesting thing I got in change was a un-struck penny back in 2017. A bit interesting was all that was. https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/found-in-the-change-of-my-pocket.546595/ I told the old fella at the convenience store about it and he said he noticed a bunch of them were un-struck after he gave me the one I got and he gathered them all. I can only guess the quality control at the mint is not what it used to be.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My middle daughter works at a Trader Joe's and sent me this text last night saying she found a wheat penny in a new roll of penny's she cracked open for her register. I had to tell her the different between a wheat and a Indian head. I never realized she works closely with a lot of change, until she sent me this text. I replied with a list of other things from war nickels to silver clad Kennedys to keep an eye out for and the difference between a wheat penny and indian head penny. 🤔
Nice IHP!!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My middle daughter works at a Trader Joe's and sent me this text last night saying she found a wheat penny in a new roll of penny's she cracked open for her register. I had to tell her the different between a wheat and an Indian head. I never realized she works closely with a lot of change, until she sent me this text. I replied with a list of other things from war nickels to silver clad Kennedys to keep an eye out for and the difference between a wheat penny and indian head penny. 🤔
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice posting thanks for the info Tam :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny i got one in change the other day... 1906 in same shape.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, daughter of tamrock! I’m not sure how big you are on gift giving, but I think a new coin book would make a great one for her.
I just told her what to keep an eye out for me. I did get her little nephew a couple of collecting books for the quarters to put in.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very fine coin...! Tremendous details in the Indian, for example, and the toning of the coin is outstanding, in my book. tewll her she's quite a treasure hunter, coming up with a valuable item...!

FinderTravis

Nov 4, 2022
British Columbia.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max international
Garrett AT Gold
Radio Shack MICRONTA 3001
AT propointer
34'' Bushpro stainless steel tree planters shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!

Surfline

Dec 30, 2021
Outstanding to find an Indian head in regular change! I’ve found wheaties, but no Indian heads this way. Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions