What's new

Thank goodness for taxes - More Silver 2/17

alpha105

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
853
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i finally got my taxes, and decided its time to check my banks again, which i havnt done since around this time last year. Went to 1 bank today and they had 567.50 (roughly, dont have my paper with me atm).

Tally was:
1 x 1946 Ben franklin
1 x 1964
17 x 1965-1969

not bad for first time back in a year.

2/17 Update:

1 Box

2x 1964, 1x 1967. I'll take it =)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

Nice score! :icon_thumleft: Just for the record though, Franklins were 1st minted in 1948.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

Must have been a typo...Keep at it. Nice finds.
rileyboy
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

Thats a lot of keepers for just over a box of halves! Great job! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

nice score! keep it up and hh
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

awesome score!!! would love to score even half of what u got! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

If you are giving the government an interest free loan for that much over the course of the year you need to adjust your withholdings. No reason to just let them sit on YOUR money.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

mountainman 2 said:
Nice score! :icon_thumleft: Just for the record though, Franklins were 1st minted in 1948.

Meant 1948-D in fact =), had it put away in my stash till i become desperate again lol.....

AGCoinHunter said:
If you are giving the government an interest free loan for that much over the course of the year you need to adjust your withholdings. No reason to just let them sit on YOUR money.

Wish i could do more, now that my wife is getting induced on Friday though, they will be giving me more than im giving them =). Yep second child on the way =)
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

Wow your a lucky man. The bloodsuckers actually give you money back huh? Lucky you.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

diggummup said:
Wow your a lucky man. The bloodsuckers actually give you money back huh? Lucky you.

Lol, its only because im already poor........between me and my wife we only bring in around 40k a year......we barely scrape by, especially with the hospital bills.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

Alpha,
Great score, that is the way to step back into the game! :wink:
God bless you and your expanding family. Hang in there and I hope you see things pick up for you in this year.
Congratulations on your new addition, I hope you have love and great joy in watching them grow up. :lovestory: :angel9:
Steve
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

AGCoinHunter said:
If you are giving the government an interest free loan for that much over the course of the year you need to adjust your withholdings. No reason to just let them sit on YOUR money.

Even though you are right, the average person would blow that $10 a week we are talking about here. So for most it's an easy way to save money. It takes a whole lot of disipline to set aside $10 a week when you are down and out. Actually due to my being unemployed last year I got money that I never even banked with them.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

AGCoinHunter said:
If you are giving the government an interest free loan for that much over the course of the year you need to adjust your withholdings. No reason to just let them sit on YOUR money.

My wife and I both claim married with 0 dependents and have $50.00 each a paycheck withheld on top of that. It is a security net in case our rental properties and farm have a good year, it will make us break even. Now with that said we have been getting back
around $200 - $400 dollars a year. Farm and rental properties took a big loss this year, Installed hurricane glass in the house which qualifies for the $1500 tax credit and the additional $800 (Myself and Spouse) Tax deduction for "Make Work Credit", we could be
sitting on a couple of Grand this year. :hello2:

This will be the first year in a long long long long time we got anything over $400 back from Uncle Sam.....
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

I can't wait to get my taxes back. I'm still out of the game until I get them, had to spend 600 bucks on new tires this month, kinda wiped me out.
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes - More Silver Gained 2/17

timbobwey said:
I can't wait to get my taxes back. I'm still out of the game until I get them, had to spend 600 bucks on new tires this month, kinda wiped me out.

I'm usually in that boat, This wont last too long unfortunatly......but i did have them order a box which i picked up today.....

2x 1964, 1x 1967. I'll take it =)
 
Re: Thank goodness for taxes

FreedomUIC said:
Farm and rental properties took a big loss this year, Installed hurricane glass in the house which qualifies for the $1500 tax credit and the additional $800 (Myself and Spouse) Tax deduction for "Make Work Credit", we could be sitting on a couple of Grand this year. :hello2:

This will be the first year in a long long long long time we got anything over $400 back from Uncle Sam.....

Do you have to pay quarterly taxes on rental income?

Jim
 
If it wasn't for taxes coming back to me each year I would not take a vacation. At least I can get away for a week on the goverment......Matt
 
mlayers said:
If it wasn't for taxes coming back to me each year I would not take a vacation. At least I can get away for a week on the goverment......Matt

"Vacation" whats that?

No but seriously the last vacation i went on was with a buddy from here, spent a lil while in california with him panning gold, and it was a blast.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom