What's new

Thank You "Deer".

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
This is some of the stuff I picked up yesterday. There are to many deer around the site and they're real destructive in our garden. We put up with them 'cause quite often one will step on or near something cool. I spotted the petrified wood blade just where a deer had stepped and brought it to the surface.
 

Attachments

  • 449.webp
    449.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 553.webp
    553.webp
    112.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 639.webp
    639.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 714.webp
    714.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 8 20 2.webp
    8 20 2.webp
    105.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 8 20 1.webp
    8 20 1.webp
    110.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
That is really a nice piece really translucent, those are some nice scraper's also. What is the round piece bottom right ? Those are some fantastic find's.
 
love that yellow jasper scraper!
well i guess i like 'em all
 
Steve, I have to agree with you it would be hard to pick one. I like all of them myself. The Japer piece is nice. Fantastic pieces.
 
Last edited:
That is really a nice piece really translucent, those are some nice scraper's also. What is the round piece bottom right ? Those are some fantastic find's.

I don't know what it is but the broken stub was definitely put there. I'm thinking an ornament?
 
Nice finds...Great pictures. What type of material is the ornament? I have a pipestone piece with a similar stub. I can post a pic if you'd like.

T.
 
That is a really impressive find. I love that material.
 
Nice Finds! Super nice side-notch point, and nice little flake knife. :icon_thumright:
 
Nice finds...Great pictures. What type of material is the ornament? I have a pipestone piece with a similar stub. I can post a pic if you'd like.

T.
thanks, I don't think it's pipestone, it's more porous than that. It's kind of looks like sandstone.
Yes, I'd like to see the one you have and here's a closer shot of this one.
 

Attachments

  • rps20120821_184257_918.webp
    rps20120821_184257_918.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 113
T Witko said:
This is some of the stuff I picked up yesterday. There are to many deer around the site and they're real destructive in our garden. We put up with them 'cause quite often one will step on or near something cool. I spotted the petrified wood blade just where a deer had stepped and brought it to the surface.

That transparent striped point is a beauty. Thanks for sharing!! Good luck on your next hunt!!
 
Nice finds. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to shamelessly barrow this idea and start an additional thread.

Joe
 
that pet wood blade resembles the material that your son's banner point is made from
you think?
 

Attachments

  • Manban Pointjpg.webp
    Manban Pointjpg.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Thank You _Deer_jpg.webp
    Thank You _Deer_jpg.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
if your just looking at the wood alone . the one on the right wins hands down.
there both gem grade wood,but the one on the right is so clear. i love that blade
i love that point too. lol
il just take the pair .jjk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom