What's new

Thank you Garrett

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pentico
  • Start date Start date
P

Pentico

Guest
Hey everyone,
Got to tell you that I think the Garrett Metal Detector company is the bomb!
I will try to make this short and sweet for ya!
Had to get out and get some swinging in so I got out my 5 year old Garrett Ace 250 sometime in April. Had the need to break the cabin fever of living in Colorado. Detecting is my excersise due to some medical problems. Made my way to the park, got all set up and poof the Ace was screaming like a stuck pig! Did not matter what I did, it would not shut up. So I called Garrett and the super nice people said, send it in and we will fix it. First off, the Ace has been my little buddy for 5 years and really didn’t want to have to see it go away for some time. So off it went to Garrett the next day. Little did I know that sixteen days later, or 2 Fridays ago, she would be on the way back to me. Woo hoo! I thought it was going to take a really long time so a few days after I had sent the broke one back I had to run out right away and buy an Ace 350. Yes I HAD too! Or as the wife said “You have your Excuse go ahead” Thank you love!
Now Garrett charged me $45 bucks to clean, recalibrate and replace the cuff (I had about 1 lb of duck tape keeping the cuff together.) I thought what a deal! How do they make any money? Well when the Ace showed up a few days later I had to get her out and take her for a test run. Unfortunately she still was not working right. (She looked like new though all cleaned up and no duct tape.) Last Thursday I called Garrett and again super nice people said we will email you a shipping label right away and get it back to ASAP. There was no way to be mad about it they were so nice and apologetic about it. So that same day I sent it back, UPS.
Tuesday night I get home about 11PM and see a box on the porch. Upon investigation I see it is from Garrett. Laughed and said to myself “self, there is no way they are that fast.” Got inside, opened the box and SHAZAM! A brand spanking new Ace 250! First thing I did was WAKE the wife! Let me say if I had that part to do over, I would do it. She was happy for me but not you woke me up happy. I was still in shock. So I called my brother. Lol. Never did I think Garrett would be such a great company to send me a new Ace, but they did. Just unheard of in today’s world that a company would do that!
First thing next day I call Garrett and they say and I quote “We are happy to do it for you” I told him my old Ace was 5 years old and had been road hard and hung up wet many times, you didn’t have to do that. I was happy to pay to have the old on fixed. He said “We hope you get another great 5 years out of this one.” I think I said Thank you 100 times but man I was really thankful!
Awesome company and awesome people!
You made my year!
My pick for company of the year is Garrett Medal Detectors!
Thank you Garrett!

ChrisP60
 
ChrisP1 said:
Hey everyone,
Got to tell you that I think the Garrett Metal Detector company is the bomb!
I will try to make this short and sweet for ya!
Had to get out and get some swinging in so I got out my 5 year old Garrett Ace 250 sometime in April. Had the need to break the cabin fever of living in Colorado. Detecting is my excersise due to some medical problems. Made my way to the park, got all set up and poof the Ace was screaming like a stuck pig! Did not matter what I did, it would not shut up. So I called Garrett and the super nice people said, send it in and we will fix it. First off, the Ace has been my little buddy for 5 years and really didn’t want to have to see it go away for some time. So off it went to Garrett the next day. Little did I know that sixteen days later, or 2 Fridays ago, she would be on the way back to me. Woo hoo! I thought it was going to take a really long time so a few days after I had sent the broke one back I had to run out right away and buy an Ace 350. Yes I HAD too! Or as the wife said “You have your Excuse go ahead” Thank you love!
Now Garrett charged me $45 bucks to clean, recalibrate and replace the cuff (I had about 1 lb of duck tape keeping the cuff together.) I thought what a deal! How do they make any money? Well when the Ace showed up a few days later I had to get her out and take her for a test run. Unfortunately she still was not working right. (She looked like new though all cleaned up and no duct tape.) Last Thursday I called Garrett and again super nice people said we will email you a shipping label right away and get it back to ASAP. There was no way to be mad about it they were so nice and apologetic about it. So that same day I sent it back, UPS.
Tuesday night I get home about 11PM and see a box on the porch. Upon investigation I see it is from Garrett. Laughed and said to myself “self, there is no way they are that fast.” Got inside, opened the box and SHAZAM! A brand spanking new Ace 250! First thing I did was WAKE the wife! Let me say if I had that part to do over, I would do it. She was happy for me but not you woke me up happy. I was still in shock. So I called my brother. Lol. Never did I think Garrett would be such a great company to send me a new Ace, but they did. Just unheard of in today’s world that a company would do that!
First thing next day I call Garrett and they say and I quote “We are happy to do it for you” I told him my old Ace was 5 years old and had been road hard and hung up wet many times, you didn’t have to do that. I was happy to pay to have the old on fixed. He said “We hope you get another great 5 years out of this one.” I think I said Thank you 100 times but man I was really thankful!
Awesome company and awesome people!
You made my year!
My pick for company of the year is Garrett Medal Detectors!
Thank you Garrett!

ChrisP60

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us Chris! Great customer service is just priceless!
 
All I use is Garrett, my old AD7 has been in and back several times, My Ad4 needs to go back and my 1000 keeps on truckin, they are great people. and do not SUCK as noted in someones post Bob
 
I just bought a new Teknetics Omega 8000 last week. The pinpoint button on it was defective so I had to send it back in, but upon hearing my problem they just shipped me out a brand new detector same day and some shipping labels to mail my old one back at their expense. Oh and unlike Garrett, they didn't charge me a dime. Just shipped me a brand new detector without even seeing what was wrong with my original one.
 
Farscape said:
I just bought a new Teknetics Omega 8000 last week. The pinpoint button on it was defective so I had to send it back in, but upon hearing my problem they just shipped me out a brand new detector same day and some shipping labels to mail my old one back at their expense. Oh and unlike Garrett, they didn't charge me a dime. Just shipped me a brand new detector without even seeing what was wrong with my original one.

Evidently, Teknetics does not make a quality product if your brand new machine was defective. And still being under warranty is probably why they sent you a brand new one. The original posters Garret was 5 years old with the warranty run out but they still sent him a new detector at no cost. I've used Garrett detectors since the early 70's and have found tons of relics with them.
 
lumbercamp said:
Farscape said:
I just bought a new Teknetics Omega 8000 last week. The pinpoint button on it was defective so I had to send it back in, but upon hearing my problem they just shipped me out a brand new detector same day and some shipping labels to mail my old one back at their expense. Oh and unlike Garrett, they didn't charge me a dime. Just shipped me a brand new detector without even seeing what was wrong with my original one.

Evidently, Teknetics does not make a quality product if your brand new machine was defective. And still being under warranty is probably why they sent you a brand new one. The original posters Garret was 5 years old with the warranty run out but they still sent him a new detector at no cost. I've used Garrett detectors since the early 70's and have found tons of relics with them.

We all have our favorites, I just personally don't like Garrett detectors...Sorry if that bothers you.
 
Hey guy's I really didn't want to start a fight or anything.
All I am getting at is Garrett did more than they had to do.

Can't we all just get along?
Love the hobby?
Be happy for each other?
Say thank you to people and companys that go out of there way to please us?
Remeber what mom said "If you can't say something nice, don't say any thing at all"
And what dad said "It is our duty to never grow werry of doing good for others"

Life is short folks!

At 50 years young I will be going into having my 19 surgery on Monday.
This hobby has keep my body moving, the sun in my face and best of all I am still walking.
Okay I have some great doctors too!


I will go back to reading and not posting but bottom line "THANK YOU GARRETT!"
 
This is good news , and I have seen lately that more company's are doing this. I think they have found out that if they go a little extra on the support of there detectors it goes a very long way . People will remember that and buy again . And make sure others know.

And every company that makes a product will have something go wrong . It can't be helped . But how they handle it is what makes or breaks a company !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom