Thank you global warming!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I can't believe that its a week before Christmas and I am still able to metal detect up here in the northern Vermont. Usually I have to put my detector away by the first of December. This year the ground is not at all frozen yet and the weather looks like it will be ok for at least another week.
Anyway, got out yesterday to the old Hops Field in the rain. (not complaining mind you!!) Found two Indian head pennies, 1892 and 18__ (must have been a 77 but can't read it now), four buttons including a very bright silver plated one (thought it was a reale when I first saw it) and a great one with a flower on it. Also a pewter, silver plated shield that was attached to leather at one time. Dug a suspender clasp too. Nothing earth shaking, but it was great to still be able to detect. Thanks for looking...Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006 293.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 293.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 782
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2006 294.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 294.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 785
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

exanimo redux said:
I met Jimmy Sierra once and saw his video on the goat doctors cache. Quite a story. Jimmy S. takes groups to England every year to hunt for old Roman & English treasures. Plus he has had a major role in testing and developing White's products.

Yep, he's quite the modern treasure hunter. He finds treasure AND he gets paid handsomely for leading the trips to England. Smart cookie that Jimmy. Research paid off for him with the caches. I understand he was robbed of his cache finds (yeah, maybe that's what we should all say) after it became public knowledge that he found them.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lance and great that you can still get out! HH and I hope you get a few more hunts in before the big freeze, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread