jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for not purchasing my VX3 y'all

A few months ago, after a period of just general frustration with my Whites VX3 I put it up for sale here at this site but no one bit. After staring blankly at this apparently useless machine (and listening to my wife bugging me to sell it), I decided to give it a go and take it out to the park again. Nothing, just a pain in the a@@ to even pin point a target. My fortune changed when my good friend Mortamus spoke of the great virtues of the VX3 discrimination ability in conjunction with the right sniping coil. What a difference a change in attitude makes! Yes I pull a lot of pull tabs but that is where the gold is.

IMG_20130207_090830.jpg

My first gold ring with the VX3 today, a nice 4.6 gram 14k ring to keep my new found motivation flowing. http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/hello2.gif

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I may ask, why were you so frustrated with it?
I have one too and was impressed the first time out. Of course I did swap out the 950 coil with a D2 I had before I first went out with it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that rocks!!!! Great when a plan comes together and the end result is ..... Gold. Well done. The members here know their,, stuff!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats!!!! Nothing like fixing something that you're pissed off at and then it pays you for it!!!

OP
OP
jcCALIF

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I foolishly went from the the 950 coil to a 12"coil. Big mistake in trashy areas. I now use a Eclipse Shooter "DD" 4x6. Like a knife in butter.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions