thanks for the coments

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lmkwelcfshx_e01.gif

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only things I can think of is that your area has a large amount of mineralized ground/black sand OR there is a problem with the machine. The 1280X has been around a while, it's what everyone used before the excals and CZ20.
My 1280X with the 8" coil works well here in NY in the salty wet sand/water however, you do need to be either in or out of the water for one thing. Shallow salt water running over the coil will drive you nuts with falsing and secondly, you need to turn the sensitivity down so it's not chatty, this machine can't be run "hot" aka sensitivity wide open it will definitely degrade the performance. I've turned the sensitivity down to as low as 5 in some spots and still dug good deep targets.
Good Luck,
TDNY

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are better of selling it. Most entry level detectors will work well on dry sand or in the parks.
If you keep it and your primary detector fails, you will only be able to hunt one of three domains ( Dry Sand, Wet Sand, In the Water water) on Salt Water Beaches.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions