DrDetector
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,363
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Detector(s) used
- White's Spectrum XLT
Dorothy C. M_____ (name masked) made a nice contribution to my silver totals this year, through 7 full rolls of 40%'s today. Story is as follows:
Go to first bank, they have no halves, but I grab $20 in nickels.
Pick up my buddy as we are going to another buddy's place to hang out since neither of us are working today.
He just got married and moved into a new town, and tells me not to check the 3 banks in town as he is claiming them as his territory. I said ok. So he checks the first bank, he gets like $7 in halves, all clad. We then go to bank #2 and he says he doesn't have any money with him to check for anything. He tells me to hit it up. So I go in, there are two male tellers working. I take $200 out of my money market, and ask if he has any halves I could get it back in. He says yes, $40. Then the other guy pipes in, and asks if I want $70 more. I say, 'of course!'
Well that $70 was 7 full rolls of 40%s, aside from one roll having an '83D and one roll have 21 40% halves. So my record now is 21 silver halves in a roll. Haha. They were all from a lady named Dorothy from that town. Haha, my buddy was soooo ticked! Not really, I mean we just joked around about it. I didn't even check Bank 3, I felt bad for him. He's gonna check it next time. Here's the totals, with pictures:
1965: 6
1966: 10
1967: 43
1968D: 54
1969D: 27
I guess it's kharma though since I had literally not 30 minutes ago given my buddy a check as a gift for him and his new wife for their wedding.
Go to first bank, they have no halves, but I grab $20 in nickels.
Pick up my buddy as we are going to another buddy's place to hang out since neither of us are working today.
He just got married and moved into a new town, and tells me not to check the 3 banks in town as he is claiming them as his territory. I said ok. So he checks the first bank, he gets like $7 in halves, all clad. We then go to bank #2 and he says he doesn't have any money with him to check for anything. He tells me to hit it up. So I go in, there are two male tellers working. I take $200 out of my money market, and ask if he has any halves I could get it back in. He says yes, $40. Then the other guy pipes in, and asks if I want $70 more. I say, 'of course!'
Well that $70 was 7 full rolls of 40%s, aside from one roll having an '83D and one roll have 21 40% halves. So my record now is 21 silver halves in a roll. Haha. They were all from a lady named Dorothy from that town. Haha, my buddy was soooo ticked! Not really, I mean we just joked around about it. I didn't even check Bank 3, I felt bad for him. He's gonna check it next time. Here's the totals, with pictures:
1965: 6
1966: 10
1967: 43
1968D: 54
1969D: 27
I guess it's kharma though since I had literally not 30 minutes ago given my buddy a check as a gift for him and his new wife for their wedding.
Upvote
0








