thanks grandma!

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was at my grandma's for easter and we were talking about coin hunting and my grandma gets a bag of some coins and says that their mine. Got a silver quarter, silver dime, three mercs, 22 wheats and some other coins that I don't think are really worth anything.. have to check those. Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
That is awesome jnb. I have coins that my Grandparents, Father, and other relatives have given me. They mean a lot to me and got me started in coin hunting/collecting. Enjoy Grandma while you can.

HH Dave

Ya I remember when I was little I had a box of some special coins from family, some birth year coins, eisenhower dollars and some halves, no silver but still special. I would save up my coins in my piggy bank and then when it became just more than I could lift I would empty it out and go through them and roll them up. Haven't rolled up coins in a real long time because of the coin machines but I would still go through my pocket change and look for coins like bicentennials and wheat pennies.

Getting a job as a cashier made me more interested in coins again and made me look back at the coins I had and I was talking to my dad about it. Apparantly he was into coin hunting with his dad when he was a kid. After a couple minutes of looking in the basement he found a bunch of coin books with all kinds of coins, indian heads, wheats, a couple buffalo nickels, mercs, silver dimes, standing liberty quarters and silver quarters. It was an impressive collection. Its amazing seeing coins that have lasted all these years. Really looking foward to making a collection of my own and sharing it with whatever future family I may have

Love those family treasures! I have in my closet a very large plastic piggy bank given to me by my dad that's full of wheaties. I have never searched them but have dumped them out and enjoyed looking at the pile and smelling the old penny smell. Unfortunately when I was a kid my 2 half brothers convinced my mom that my dad told them they cold spend the identical piggy bank filled with silver coins. Oh well...

they were a couple clad roosevelt dimes. I think there was a 82 and a 87. I got a book with coin values so I'll check. I don't think they have any value though

I meant monetary value. And don't go and say that they are still worth 10 cents each because I know thats coming next lol

I meant monetary value. And don't go and say that they are still worth 10 cents each because I know thats coming next lol

There at least worth 10 cents.:wink::laughing7::laughing7: All clad, unless with an error or unc, is worth face value

"Inflation hasn't ruined everything. A dime can still be used as a screwdriver."
H Jackson Brown Jr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back