thanks

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
Re: Jean Lafitte's large cashe

This is the place to do it! No one comes here so your secret is very safe with us.

You'll need to post a complete inventory of your find and include pictures. Then, divulge the location of the dig site with gps coordinates. Finally, give us your address, phone and bank account numbers. That's about all we'll need to "help" you out in your predicament.

I just have one question for you at this time. You're not serious, are you?!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

uhhhhhhhhh....like wow or something.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Since your life wouldn't be the same in the U.S. fake your demise and
resettle in Perth. lastleg

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007

First of all congrats if you really are that fortunate.
Second,remember s,s,s. Shovel ,sift and shut your pie hole.
Sell it for cash a little at a time.
HH,
Jim

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't tell us, don't tell your spouse, don't tell anyone. Rent a big safe deposit box or boxes and leave it all there until you need to sell any of it.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh go on and tell us. It'll be our little secret.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

David will let you hide it under his house in Tenn. lastleg

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are correct, sir! (said in my best Ed McMahon voice)

OP
OP
C

cross_wsg1

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2008

so... most of you are saying that you are not professionals and don't know the legal way to deal with a situation like this.

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series

cross_wsg1 said:
so... most of you are saying that you are not professionals and don't know the legal way to deal with a situation like this.

I guess some folks just need to hear it without fluff ... to achieve what you seek do not post here! Consult google or the yellow pages for a local attorney. If you want notoriety at the expense of your potential find, continue as you are doing. That's about as "professional" as I can get.

mindspark

Greenie
Mar 6, 2009

Hey William, How about telling us all some general information about your "almost" find so we can imagine. I always enjoy hearing stories of people finding the big one so I can drink myself into oblivion in utter frustration of not finding "a big one" in the past 35 years. LOL. Seriously, If you can paint us a picture without giving details of location away etc. I think all the readers will enjoy the tale.

The only Lafitte treasure I recall is one buried up some creek in Texas somewhere and marked by brass rods driven into the ground above it to mark the spot. Then some black guy comes into town one day back in the 1800's with these rods saying "Lookey what I found on the creek bank" He pulled all the rods out of the ground. It was searched for but never found. Anyone else have the details of this cache?

OP
OP
C

cross_wsg1

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2008
This one is not as well known as that one. this one is one of the many of his down close to the coast. it is not near a creak or river which makes it very unique. I have pinpointed it and it is deeper than i want to dig with out a backhoe. i have access to one but don't have the time now to go find out who owns the land and get permission. as i am just a working man that can't afford as many days off i would need to contact the owner. anyway, thank you for your comments and may God bless you all.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you the best of luck.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Cross: Since it sounds like you aren't going to persue this now,
can you tell us how you were able to pinpoint a target so deep?
Thanks, lastleg

OP
OP
C

cross_wsg1

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2008
not to be rude but, no. it is not that is is so deep as stange location. a backhoe would draw less attention than me and my helper digging all day with picks and shovels. and i am not sure i can haul it all in my mini-van. lol. i do have a truck too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread