Other
FWCarosel.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny that while I once could do about any roller coaster....i could never survive those merry go round carousels. When the kids were little, my wife had to go on them with the girls, while I safely sat on the sidelines keeping my dizziness under control :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
funny that while I once could do about any roller coaster....i could never survive those merry go round carousels. When the kids were little, my wife had to go on them with the girls, while I safely sat on the sidelines keeping my dizziness under control :tongue3:
That's what I call a pretty fancy set up.
I realized that if I want to keep the cookies down. I had to sit in the first few seats and scream like a banshee. Then it wasn't an issue, done alot of rides that way. 🤣👍

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a gorgeous piece of work. The old merry-go-round's were a
combination of art, engineering and craftsmanship that comes to life
when a 5 year old sits on a wooden pony.

Never liked the rides much at a fair, and going on the ferris wheel was
downright terrifying to me. For nearly 40 years I just thought I was just a wuss (scaredy cat), but finally found out in 2005 that I've had a progressive inner ear disease all my life.

To get me on a ferris wheel today, it's gonna cost someone at least a
million dollars, and I wouldn't do it for a dime less. I'd probably end up in a full-blown vertigo attack, but I know that as much as it would suck, it wouldn't kill me and 24 hrs. later I'd be fine, and $1M richer.

(and we're back to reality) In truth, I don't even watch scenes on TV where things
are spinning.

Creskol...dusk on a cloudy day is a hard time to take a picture. Is this
more what it looked like?

FWCarosel-2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread