The 1715 Fleet and the Brisbens

Ayen

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats challenging is having to read this. Since there less people than fingers on my hand that know what is actually going on in this forum. Let me educate you.
The first persons ass everyone should be kissing is John Brandon, who do think fights
for everyone's rights, on his own dime, drives to Tallahassee makes sure the state is not
trying to push bogus laws & legislation's. Oh, and who do you think has been sitting next to him for the past
few years Brent Brisbane, who also has been fighting the state to make sure anyone
on this forum can even still go treasure hunting in the state of Florida. Dont think for a second that the work there doing
wont effect you if you find and/or work on wrecksites in the near future. So I hope before
people post on this forum they will take a second to realize who is now responsible for
there rights to hunt for treasure in the state of Florida.

Side note - People from the Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research, DEP, army core, Other goverments, Turtle conservation...ect read this fourm.
For the people who treasure hunt for a living,hobby,fun, this fourm paints a bad picture of the average treasure hunter. Pointsless squabbling, ridiculous
conspiracy theories, & countless disinformation all put a bad taste in anyone's mouth trying to work with us. Treasure hunting has changed much from
its past time, people in the private sector working on all shipwreck sites need to take working these sites very seriously. Technology has helped us
immensely with the way we research, locate, map & excavate theses sites. If we want to be looked upon as professionals we should start acting like one.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah remember the "good old days" when treasure hunters upon hitting a good spot by finding iron cannons and wreck debris with a mag -would then "remove" said cannons and other large iron items from the site * after recording the cords of the site --so that no one else could ever find the site * again --without their knowledge.--its called "hiding knowledge from others" --keeping them in the dark== making them do their own "work and research"

lots of sub contractor type folks might want to work a 1715 site but then want to hide the "details" of their work from others (even the owners of the actual leases that they subcontract from --the way they might view it is thus (hey I paided them to to hunt this area --and the "search data" that I generate while doing it is "my" privately generated work product information -- (trade secerts) -- that I am entitled to keep to myself )--many sub contractors are smart enough to know that if they start showing up with good stuff close to contract renewal time --that their contracted area might not be "renewed" but instead be taken back over and worked by the lease owners --which of course is perfectly legal after all its their "leases" * and bussiness is bussiness and money is money --- since state and the lease owners both require that all the work efforts done on the leases be accounted for --the sub contractors gives them "logs"--are the logs the actual "correct" data or are they "cooked books" ? who knows for sure -- if one gives the state and lease owners folks "correct data" logs and say towards the end of the alloted contract peroid one suddenly starts to find good stuff --one has done alot of the "leg work" needed to strike it rich --but then if the lease holder refuses to renew said sub contract and moves in on the spot and uses the "data" provided to yeild the mother load , the sub contractor gets hosed. .--or using the now known "data" later on a differant lease holder might go after it and find it -- you see sometimes due to fiscal or health or other issues subcontractors might have to lay off for a year or two and the go back at it again later on -- and if they are close but not quite there they sure do not want "others" to find "their treasure" in the area they plan on returning to as soon as they get "reset" to go * --and they sure as hell do not want "others" to find it using the very "data" they generated. --information is gold in this bussiness often .

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats challenging is having to read this. Since there less people than fingers on my hand that know what is actually going on in this forum. Let me educate you.
The first persons ass everyone should be kissing is John Brandon, who do think fights
for everyone's rights, on his own dime, drives to Tallahassee makes sure the state is not
trying to push bogus laws & legislation's. Oh, and who do you think has been sitting next to him for the past
few years Brent Brisbane, who also has been fighting the state to make sure anyone
on this forum can even still go treasure hunting in the state of Florida. Dont think for a second that the work there doing
wont effect you if you find and/or work on wrecksites in the near future. So I hope before
people post on this forum they will take a second to realize who is now responsible for
there rights to hunt for treasure in the state of Florida.

Side note - People from the Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research, DEP, army core, Other goverments, Turtle conservation...ect read this fourm.
For the people who treasure hunt for a living,hobby,fun, this fourm paints a bad picture of the average treasure hunter. Pointsless squabbling, ridiculous
conspiracy theories, & countless disinformation all put a bad taste in anyone's mouth trying to work with us. Treasure hunting has changed much from
its past time, people in the private sector working on all shipwreck sites need to take working these sites very seriously. Technology has helped us
immensely with the way we research, locate, map & excavate theses sites. If we want to be looked upon as professionals we should start acting like one.

John Brandon has done great work, that's for sure...

Last edited:

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a shipwreck forum and none but that. I want to read and enjoy and be educated. That is what this forum is about. Why the %$#@ is it being used to attack people's character? To do such while hiding behind an alias makes the attacker lowly and actually more of an evil than their victims. Get a life!

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That post needs to be removed. I haven't seen one fact that proves your accusations. Brent Brisben is a good guy. I work with him and have yet to have a problem. He is handling our treasure find as well as anyone possible could. This is a shipwreck forum for people to discuss shipwrecks. What you speak of belongs in a gossip magazine. It sucks to have to respond to haters and non-believers, however, it has to be done.

-Capt Eric.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet JungleRat lives in Louisiana right now.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated by other posters. We are a ship wreck forum and will not tolerate people coming in to slander people . Treasurenet will not host such post or will we tolerate it. Attacks like these equals=Banned
Subject closed.
Moderation

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions