OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[There is a box given to a man in 1822. In that box was two letters dated 1822 and three ciphers.

A letter sent from St Louis week's later from Beale to Morriss gave some information about their plans and the box. Telling of a letter to be sent from this place ( St Louis ) with a key for the three ciphers. Dated and sealed in 1822 for delivery in 1832 by a friend.

The letter was to come to Mr Morriss, but didn't make it. This letter would have been dated 1822 if it was sealed at the time of the letter sent to Mr Morriss in 1822.

What other information would such a letter hold, you say?]

Box given in 22. With two letters in it and three pages of ciphers. That's a minimum of five pages. (In theory), all ciphers could have been on one page though they were not per 3 pages bandied about so ofen in regards to numerical order..., And too the two letters in the box could have been multi paged. Or front and rear of a page...
Anyways...Add the letter received shorty after for # 6...And the 32 letter for #7.

Could have been more pages , but a minimum of 7. By your quoted post's contents count.

That sounds right to me! Four letters if 32 made it and three ciphers. Not sure if Bigscoop would agree though?

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Louis, Mo, May 9th, 1822

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

Don't let any false PUNCTILLIO prevent you!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT what it means...

In the context of the reference in the Beale Papers, that's what it means to me.

How could you know what it would mean to me, to prove what it means to me to be wrong? 8-)

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't say you were wrong... means "FINE" point of law.

So then, Beale was telling Morriss to not let a false or idle point of law keep him from the gold?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

I have heard of this letter!

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Dear Mr Morriss

Page 1

The interesting part of this would be the key's given.

Simple Order!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those words are not the words that are in TJB's letters. Sorry all has been made up by "Five." And you know what I mean Jean Laf.

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dear Mr Morriss

Page 1

Wow, this person seems to have the letter!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is presented is the original writing from the pamphlet of what was going to take place before all the joke darts and conspiracy theorist got hold of it?

Very simple letter with giving the ciphers page numbers and the key.
Everyone knows that ciphers don't have page numbers already on them, they are ciphers after all!

The letter is very obviously 100% fake, and not even a good fake. The language and grammar isn't even consistent......:laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The letter is very obviously 100% fake, and not even a good fake. The language and grammar isn't even consistent......:laughing7:

Fake by Jean Lafitte when he posted the letter trying to make out like the first number of the three codes gave their sequence but it does not.

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hypothetically speaking, it looks like what would have been sent to Mr. M. Numbers in a cipher would naturally move into higher ranges as the encryption process proceeded. As for the encryption process. I am sure there was something used. I think you guys have missed the point of the post. Did this person Five give the second page?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread