What's new

The Arizona Strip (the part of Arizona north of the Grand Canyon/Colorado River

Samanthy

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
253
Golden Thread
0
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is there anything in this area that would be of interest to T Net people?
 
Are you talking about down south of Washington county.
 
Last edited:
Yes, south of Washington and Kane counties in Utah
 
Those plural wives don’t wear much jewelry.
 
I was told along time ago by an old prospector to stay out of that country a lot of good people have gone in there and they did not come back.
 
Well I'm a T-Netter, and the reason I go there is for hunting. Deer hunting. Some of the biggest mule deer in the US of A hang out there.
 
Well I'm a T-Netter, and the reason I go there is for hunting. Deer hunting. Some of the biggest mule deer in the US of A hang out there.
How long does it take to draw a tag for that area.
 
I have only been able to identify one ghost town in the area: Coconino/Ryan which is southwest of Jacob Lake.
 
Hi Samanthy, the area in question is extremely isolated. Due to this, and the ruggedness of the area I don't think there too many early settlers. Although isolated and rugged, it's a beautiful area and worth the trip if you ever get the chance. Many accesses the the area are annually closed Nov-May due to weather/heavy snow, so check first. Good luck out there!
 
I recently came down I 15 up there. Way on the NW corner. BEAUTIFUL gorge up there. Isn't much of that area Indian Res or National Park? TTC
 
Years ago I went to North Rim at the Grand Canyon. I have never been anywhere near the I-15 part in the west.
 
Seems to be mostly park/national forest and BLM land
 
Seems to be mostly park/national forest and BLM land
You should consider the west rim.... around Meadview. There is a meteorite strewn field SW of there. I go up there often. Haven't found my meteorite yet but also GOLD in the Gold Basin there. ╦╦C
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom