The Art Gerber Collection will be offered July 28, 2018

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Cowans was at the Collinsville show with displays. Some amazing relics in this collection.

The Art Gerber Collection: Premier Auction on July 28, 2018. This is the first of several auctions offering the renowned artifact collection of Art Gerber (1938-2017). This collection highlights objects from the Ohio Valley, including the important cache from Crib Mound.

https://www.cowanauctions.com/july-2018-gerber-preview/

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art must have passed. I didn't know. I wonder if there's anything from the GE mound?8-) The Crib Mound was about to fall into the Ohio River due to erosion. I think *someone* helped it along. Crib Mound contained several thousand Harrison Co. IN flint bifaces. Art sold them for years for $10 ea. Many of the old arrowhead collectors are passing and lots of good artifacts are coming up for sale...and also driving prices down for average stuff. Gary

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some amazing artifacts Iv never paid much attention to prices of artifacts cause Iv never bought any but holy smokes some of the estimates are insane. That Harrison county flint knife (lot 154) is one of the coolest knives Iv ever seen would love to have that

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pockets better be deep for Art's pieces. Very well respected collector so his pieces will go high. I look forward to seeing the catalog.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Yes, it should be a busy auction. I can’t make it for this auction, but I think there are a couple more planned.

If anyone is within reasonable distance of Cinci, this would be an opportunity to look at and perhaps touch some world class items.

Your pockets better be deep for Art's pieces. Very well respected collector so his pieces will go high. I look forward to seeing the catalog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread