The banks are stoping crh?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area a lot of the banks are stopping ordering and bag drop off? Its ok so far I still can get good## But there trying to save money for sure. I have two banks stopping bag drop off this week. NEXT I can play there games I will dump all of it in the coin counters. They can KMASSSSSSSSS:BangHead: I FORGOT BE NICE!!:laughing7:

Upvote 0

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel bad for yourself much???

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah tim, 1 bank in particular, I have been cut off for that reason, starting just in the past 2 weeks... atleast 5 branches wont order at all... a few tellers have told me about it, and will still order, but less often, or less amounts(1bx at a time once a month, arghh, but that box produced my 1893 half today so i guess i cant complain too much lol)

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

SlowSilver

Aug 2, 2011
Los Angeles
You are not alone, I have been getting cut off like crazy lately. I used to have 4 different BofAs that I could dump bags at. They have all switched to a two week waiting period. The problem with that is the last time I did that it took 5 weeks to get my credit. I cant afford even the two weeks. Additionally, the one Wells Fargo I was getting halves at, will not order any more for me without opening a business account. Its getting tough.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new 10 day waiting period with BoA stings a little when dumping coins into coinlok bags, the 2-3 days didn't used to bother me so much. On another note about those coinlok bags, when it says amount on the top, NEVER say undetermined, ALWAYS tell them how much is in it, i have had some counts come off horribly wrong before when they put undetermined on the bag.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
You are not alone, I have been getting cut off like crazy lately. I used to have 4 different BofAs that I could dump bags at. They have all switched to a two week waiting period. The problem with that is the last time I did that it took 5 weeks to get my credit. I cant afford even the two weeks. Additionally, the one Wells Fargo I was getting halves at, will not order any more for me without opening a business account. Its getting tough.

I love your avatar

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BoA switching to the receipt that says it may take 10 days to credit hasn't changed anything with me--it's still only 2-3 days. But you have to know which day to drop the coins off.

I haven't had any major problems ordering and dumping in the past couple months, but I think it's going to get harder as time goes by.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
one bank cut me off, they're getting $100 in rolled pennies Monday. Hope everything turns around for you!
WIcka

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am good I get my 45 to 60 boxes every week if I want its just something I see now banks cutting back where they can and that's us.If you open more accts and order here and there it works better in the long run.My dumping is harder right now. Its all good I will make it work.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Am good I get my 45 to 60 boxes every week if I want its just something I see now banks cutting back where they can and that's us.If you open more accts and order here and there it works better in the long run.My dumping is harder right now. Its all good I will make it work.
Lol... hehehe... Caffeine getting to me but..
If you're dumping is a little hard..., ;D They make a pill for that.
ROFL!
Sorry TZ <3

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area a lot of the banks are stopping ordering and bag drop off? Its ok so far I still can get good## But there trying to save money for sure. I have two banks stopping bag drop off this week. NEXT I can play there games I will dump all of it in the coin counters. They can KMASSSSSSSSS:BangHead: I FORGOT BE NICE!!:laughing7:

TZ, its just a fact of CRH life that many to most high-volume hunters eventually get cut off. I would venture to guess that eventually you'll get cut off at so many banks that you'll be unable to both buy and dump more than 10 boxes per week, if that much. Apparently you live in an area with many banks, so you can likely delay the inevitable for quite awhile by just simply opening new accounts and switching banks. Eventually though, most all of them will likely tire of the unnecessary expense that your CRHing (and any other CRHers that happen to use your banks) causes and shut you down. My advice is to get what you can while you can because your days are likely numbered.

This is not a "knock" against you TZ. Given the same opportunity, I would have done exactly the same thing. My holdup was not having enough dump banks. Only 3 banks within a reasonable driving distance of me have coin counters, and not one single bank in my area was willing to take bagged coin. If I could have found enough dump banks to search 50+ boxes a week, I would have done it in a heartbeat...even knowing that my banks would likely cut me off down the road. You search more boxes in a month than 2-3 "average" CRHers combined search in a year. A year's worth of searching for you is more boxes than most people will get to search in a lifetime. As I said above, get all you can while you can, because I believe the end is in sight.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you get it while the gettin is good, because there are only so many banks you can get cut off from.. I truly don't see myself getting cut off anytime soon, but with the amount that you hunt tim, it will be a lot harder.. Banks will get tired of the amount you are bringing in real quick.. It sounds like you have the choice to do major volume for awhile and get cut off sooner, or cut down your volume and become a 20 box weekly hunter, so you can hunt for a longer period of time.. Obviously i know you aren't going to cut your volume down, but it is just something to think about..lol... You are well known in the banking world.. I have already had 2 head tellers talk to me about a guy in NJ and PA who looks through insane amounts of boxes.. I laughed and said "I know them" (I assume they are you and Bigscores) lol.. Keep in mind, you probably live over 3 hours away from me and are hunting in an entirely different state.. That says something... You are very well known and they are certainly aware of what you are doing.. IMO It is better to be hunting 15-20 boxes a week than hunting nothing, but thats your choice.. I don't expect this post to change your views at all, but I thought you would at least like to know the reputation you have.. Also, please just be respectful with the dumps.. Obviously you are going to have to branch out and find new areas to hunt, but please try not to taint the hobby for the small hunters and get everyone cut off in the process.. I really hope it works out for you pal.. I love seeing your posts.. Keep us all updated..

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you get it while the gettin is good, because there are only so many banks you can get cut off from.. I truly don't see myself getting cut off anytime soon, but with the amount that you hunt tim, it will be a lot harder.. Banks will get tired of the amount you are bringing in real quick.. It sounds like you have the choice to do major volume for awhile and get cut off sooner, or cut down your volume and become a 20 box weekly hunter, so you can hunt for a longer period of time.. Obviously i know you aren't going to cut your volume down, but it is just something to think about..lol... You are well known in the banking world.. I have already had 2 head tellers talk to me about a guy in NJ and PA who looks through insane amounts of boxes.. I laughed and said "I know them" (I assume they are you and Bigscores) lol.. Keep in mind, you probably live over 3 hours away from me and are hunting in an entirely different state.. That says something... You are very well known and they are certainly aware of what you are doing.. IMO It is better to be hunting 15-20 boxes a week than hunting nothing, but thats your choice.. I don't expect this post to change your views at all, but I thought you would at least like to know the reputation you have.. Also, please just be respectful with the dumps.. Obviously you are going to have to branch out and find new areas to hunt, but please try not to taint the hobby for the small hunters and get everyone cut off in the process.. I really hope it works out for you pal.. I love seeing your posts.. Keep us all updated..
You guys think 50 boxes is a lot its not. And I use many banks to keep it them happy. Theres so many more banks I have never ever gone in to I can do this for a long time am sure. Its the dumping that takes the time. If All the banks stop everything I will still do what I want! I will just pay for what I want!! And most crh will not so I will get better boxes?? Its all good time will tell I just know am way ahead. I still have the 921oz from last year. This year is ok so far. The funny thing is I like dumping in the coin counters its fun plus the funny money is cool. I think am at 2000oz when I hit 5000oz I will slow down.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More power to you tim... Like I said, I hope it works out for you..

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I seem to remember the legendary Rich Hardford running into this exact problem. He did a very large amount with the help of his son scubasteve and he was shut down. I believe it was the dump banks that ended his high volume weeks.

I hope it works out for you to keep plowing through the boxes. I am really glad I do not live anywhere near you!

Good Luck

MU

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions