The BEST cleaning method for anything!

airbear77

Greenie
May 12, 2005
South Carolina
Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you a cleaning "method" that me and my hunting partners have come up with over the years. If done right I guarantee this will clean buttons and brass better than anything! Let me tell you before I say what the product is that this cleaner will literally eat up a relic if you don't watch it. The product is called "the works" shower cleaner. It comes in a white spray bottle with green nozzle. I have seen a new package for it recently so they may be in the process of changing the bottle design. There is also a "works" toilet bowl cleaner that comes in one of those funny neck bottles. The toilet bowl cleaner is the only thing I know of that will turn a V or buffaloe back silver, but thats about all its good for unless you like your lead chalky white. Anyway, I use a pyrex custard cup and squirt a little works shower cleaner in the bottom and dip the button in it and use a toothbrush or nail brush to scrub it really quick. Have the water running because you want to get this stuff off of you brass as quickly as possible. Repeat this several times or as needed. I have had great success on buttons that had gilt on them that you couldn't even see. You will see the junk that nothing else would clean off wash down the drain in seconds.

I would suggest practicing on you junk brass, flat buttons and that kind of stuff. It will also clean aluminum like you wouldn't believe. I put a totally corroded aluminum Nazi day badge in it and it looks new. Now, I will tell you what I have ruined over time trying different stuff. Don't put Indian heads or large cents in it. It will turn them into discs. I wouldn't put any copper in it, but you be the judge. Go to walmart and get you some of this stuff and practice with brass junk! You will be amazed, I promise............Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread