What's new

The Best Gloves!

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of the best gloves I've found to metal detect in. Buy them in smaller sizes so they fit tight. The nitrile cleans easy, by wiping them on the grass, so that your not getting your MD handle filthy. Just thought I'd share.
 

Attachments

  • Gloves-1.gif
    Gloves-1.gif
    167.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Gloves-2.gif
    Gloves-2.gif
    168.8 KB · Views: 454
Where did you get them? Lowe's, Home Depot ?
 
Yea Home Depot, Lowes has them, but get them from your local hardware store if you can (hint, hint) (I own one) :wink: . They are called Atlas Glove. Retail for right around $4 and they last forever. They are real resistent to punctures and cuts.
 
Hey thanks for the info..Matt
 
72cheyenne,
thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
Will give them a look see. ;D
Any good for warmth?

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE
 
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
72cheyenne,
thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
Will give them a look see. ;D
Any good for warmth?

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

Warmth? Who needs warmth :D. Actually they don't provide much insulation, so we are all still plagued with the cold hands while MDing in the winter. I've just found that these are great for still being able to feel stuff and protect your hands at the same time. Oh and like I said before, they clean easy.
 
72cheyenne said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
72cheyenne,
thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
Will give them a look see. ;D
Any good for warmth?

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

Warmth? Who needs warmth :D. Actually they don't provide much insulation, so we are all still plagued with the cold hands while MDing in the winter. I've just found that these are great for still being able to feel stuff and protect your hands at the same time. Oh and like I said before, they clean easy.




Thanks. :thumbsup:
 
I really like these gloves. They last forever. Fabric lining sort of takes away the clammy rubber feel against the skin but you can still pick up small items easily. Little insulation value but better than bare hands. I get mine at 72c's hardware store ;D
 
72cheyenne,


Thank you for this info! :thumbsup:

I am getting my pair today


Cachefinder-
 
Just saw some this morn at Home Depot, they had a velcro cuff $5.95. Nitrile also blocks out most chemicals and solvents if you have other uses in mind..
 
I have some that are similar and are really thin. Keeping dry is a big boost to keeping warm. Also, if you'll look closely, you might find the same type glove that has a really full and thick back of the hand materiel. It does keep you warmer than the thin ones.
 
grumpyolman said:
I have some that are similar and are really thin. Keeping dry is a big boost to keeping warm. Also, if you'll look closely, you might find the same type glove that has a really full and thick back of the hand materiel. It does keep you warmer than the thin ones.

They do make a pair that is fully covered, but they dont stretch as much as the open back ones.
 
Big lots had similar ones priced 2 for $5.00 Work great!
 
thanks for the heads up..looks like i will have a hand in this ;D
 
Aren't they hot in the summer time?
 
rjw4law said:
Aren't they hot in the summer time?

No, actually they aint bad. The backs are kind of an open mesh.
 
We use this type of glove at work, I have multiple pairs that I have been using for MDing for about 4 years. They hold up pretty well to hard use, and while they are not cut proof, they are cut resistant lessening your chances of ripping your fingers open on broken glass.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom