The bias of our liberal friends- Radical by Nature

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gentleman I work with wrote this book:
Radical by Nature: The Green Assault on Liberty, Property, and Prosperity

It is a book about the history of the environmental movement. He researched used facts and verified them then wrote this book. Since his wife buys a lot of books from the local bookstore Face in a Book he decided to take the book to the store to see if they would carry it. He notices Al Gores Inconvenient Truth book for sale in the store. He tells the clerk he is a local author that just had a a book published would they carry it. Clerk says they always want to carry local authors. He whips out his book she reads the Title and says no we cant carry your book. He wonders why since it is just the opposite opinion of Al Gores Book. Not to be deterred he goes to the Folsom newspaper ask to talk with someone about getting his book reviewed in the paper. A lady comes out says we just had an editorial meeting and we discussed reviewing more local authors, she is very excited to have a local author with book to review. He whips out his book she reads the Title and says no can't review your book.

I think what this is showing us is that if your view is in opposition to Green Save the Environment global warming (lets make up our own science people) it is not worth looking at. It is a really sad day when people cannot or will not look at the other side of their argument.

wondering how long till this takes a bad turn

Sorry cazisme. Having worked for 35 years at The Oregonian, the largest continuously published paper in Oregon, I can state from first-hand experience that papers publish what they want to publish. Doesn't have much to do with viewpoint.

Sorry, Cazisme, although I do agree with your post, this is in the realm of politics and since Cazisme is not a charter member I cant move it to our politics forum so thread will be locked soon...

Wow Kazmine,

Did you really believe that ANY media outlet is fair and unbiased? Newspapers openly choose sides in presidential elections, how does that not influence what they do and do not choose to print or from which point of view they report it? If you've ever been involved in a story that made the paper you'll soon discover how inaccurate reporting is.

And since when is an independent small, business required to be fair and equitable to all political points of view?

Like it or not, the First Amendment grants us the right to not only speak our minds, but ignore others' as well.

This is not news.

Sorry cazisme. Having worked for 35 years at The Oregonian, the largest continuously published paper in Oregon, I can state from first-hand experience that papers publish what they want to publish. Doesn't have much to do with viewpoint.

Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back