Ismay
000ccc.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
interesting...log building, and not a tree in sight.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat picture. The caption sure sounds like it's a real photo, but to me it looks staged or fake. My reasoning, if you're interested, follows. (And regardless, like I said, neat picture.) Everything is very sharp and crisp like a digital photo. No soft or blurry edges like I'd expect on a 120-year old photo. Everything is very clean (the white shirts, the signs, the street, the horse, everything). The building front looks "flat" (particularly the upper right corner where the chinking appears to be missing, yet there is no "depth" to the log. The perspective seems "off" -- the slant line of the roof on the right makes me expect to see more of the side of the building on the left, but I don't. And finally, there's a sign or sticker or something on the window on the left -- but the window is open, so it's can't actually be on the window at all. Please note that I am NOT implying that anyone on here faked it. Just that the photo itself looks off.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Photo is Digitally Enhanced
I Went to Google Pics
the Sharpest one was Digitally Colored.
i used that one, but converted back to gray.

The Originals are Blurry :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread