Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Crow.
I have many folks here on tnet that want a copy when it is done. I still need to push onward to finish.

I am going to make a trip out to the land owners to drop off the land PRE-contract today so that they can add their parts before the final write-up is done.
I can't get them together so I will stick them to their door with my number to help them thru the process.
I still hope to finish this year.

Thanks for the reality check.

MIKEL
#/;0): -

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I am forced to admit that I have been lax and goofing off on the book, 'recovering'. I promise to get going on it again The question is shoud it remain in the frst place or second? I feel stilted in writing in the first. Feels slightly as if I am bragging ( about what ???) Need coffee or Crow's picker-up
:coffee2::coffee2: :occasion14:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose. You are the story.
Every time I read one of your stories, I feel as if I am with you.
Don't change that.

#/80)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The last time Don Jose was on TNet was August 2016.

As one of the last survivors of Guadalcanal, I pray he is still with us.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time Don Jose was on TNet was August 2016.

As one of the last survivors of Guadalcanal, I pray he is still with us.

Deepseeker,

Not to worry (too much). Somehow, his computer got messed up, and he had to change his Treasure Net name to Real of Tayopa, instead of Real de Tayopa. Although he has given us a couple of scares lately, he is still with us. Check out the recent entries in the "Misc Adventures" thread and you will see.

JB

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Any status updates for us Don Jose? We are patiently waiting for your work, thanks in advance.
Roy

Coffee in the meantime?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch , that hurt prospector, I believe that due to my son's raiding my bank account , I may have lost the Escondida gold/silver mine., At one time La Bert and I weakened and signed an agreement with Norant of Canada for $ 400 ,000 + shares,,Oh well it was just standing by, but may be gone because of lack of paying the taxes. That was supposed to be one of his inheritances. It could have given him close to $ 1,000,000 yearly , for 10yrs, for his share. At my age I wouldn't really appreciate it as much as he could have. sigh. They had a power play by a investor play, and cancelled after one payment of $ 100,000 AND SHARES. he new winners decided no mines outsite of Canada Still have the title to Tayopa.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch , that hurt prospector, I believe that due to my son's raiding my bank account , I may have lost the Escondida gold/silver mine., At one time La Bert and I weakened and signed an agreement with Norant of Canada for $ 400 ,000 + shares,,Oh well it was just standing by, but may be goae because of lack of paying the taxes. That was supposed to be one of his inheritances. It could have given him close to $ 1,000,000 yearly , for 10yrs,for his share. At my age I wouldn't really appreciate it as much as he could have. sigh.

If he has not already , your son will learn that even the best tortillas come cheap. Unless you don't have enough scratch to acquire any ingredients ...

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch , that hurt prospector, I believe that due to my son's raiding my bank account , I may have lost the Escondida gold/silver mine., At one time La Bert and I weakened and signed an agreement with Norant of Canada for $ 400 ,000 + shares,,Oh well it was just standing by, but may be goae because of lack of paying the taxes. That was supposed to be one of his inheritances. It could have given him close to $ 1,000,000 yearly , for 10yrs,for his share. At my age I wouldn't really appreciate it as much as he could have. sigh.

Ouch!!

I don’t know why it is that the only thing that we cannot give our next generation, is common sense!

My sons took their inheritances with them when they moved away from home.

I also wonder why we don’t have a button to click on, to say...
( Sorry to hear that)
As an option to the (like) button?!?

Because I hate to click “ Like “ after a post like yours.

I really am sorry to hear that.

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have enough for that that I had.5 lost mines , but Tayopa I will never lat go voluntarily.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a few of those mines were destined to be yours Oro. I never did have the money to put then on a paying basis. El naranjal. Las Pimas and aL Tarasca, possibly La Gloria pan. I actually stood at the sealed entrance and did not enter, my then partner was in El Fuerte, I waned to share the opening with him.,He had a heart condition which would have been too rough with the original trail, but a new route,which was a day shorter with the mules, but while I was working my way back to El Fuerte, he died. Would you believe it l spent . 2 days of crying for poor Sam. I never have gone back. I actually stood in front of the sealed entrance with the imprint of the two hands in the wet clay Sam taught me to play chess. He would sit there with a readers digest and would win chess. incidentally, Naranjal is on Tayopa land. in the accompanying photo iis indicated with square mark sigh. Benito found the closed cave with the bars, Many tried to follow him, but he would always hide from them. He would cut a chunk from dore' bars. with his machete off of one of the rose colored bars, enough for him to live on. Bert was gaining his confidences when he died, leaving a cave full of rose colored Dore bars.He did leave me a clue-- he exclaimed to me one day " why would they leave a drill rod buried in solid rock on top of a clif to an otherwise inaccessible area he, he, he. Incidentally, El Naranjal is on former Durango land. / /t tr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
a few of those mines were destined to be yours Oro. I never did have the money to put then on a paying basis. El naranjal. Las Pimas and aL Tarasca, possibly La Gloria pan. I actually stood at the sealed entrance and did not enter, my then partner was in El Fuerte, I waned to share the opening with him.,He had a heart condition which would have been too rough with the original trail, but a new route,which was a day shorter with the mules, but while I was working my way back to El Fuerte, he died. Would you believe it l spent . 2 days of crying for poor Sam. I never have gone back. I actually stood in front of the sealed entrance with the imprint of the two hands in the wet clay Sam taught me to play chess. He would sit there with a readers digest and would win chess. incidentally, Naranjal is on Tayopa land. in the accompanying photo iis indicated with square mark sigh. Benito found the closed cave with the bars, Many tried to follow him, but he would always hide from them. He would cut a chunk from dore' bars. with his machete off of one of the rose colored bars, enough for him to live on. Bert was gaining his confidences when he died, leaving a cave full of rose colored Dore bars.He did leave me a clue-- he exclaimed to me one day " why would they leave a drill rod buried in solid rock on top of a clif to an otherwise inaccessible area he, he, he. Incidentally, El Naranjal is on former Durango land. / /t tr

Amigo if you don't put this in your book, it will be a crime. I hope you are gittin' 'er done!

My memory is far from perfect, did you tell me that Gloria Pan was pretty well played out? I could have that wrong, thanks in advance.

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Oro, according to the information that I have on the Gloria pan was still in bonana. y information said that after opening the sealed door you would find tunnels leading to 4 levels, the right ones would lead you to the upper works, the left tunnels would lead you to the lower works where were stored the material for a mission. ( alte, and various materiels, etc. The mission was to be used to send messages by firelight to the mission at Guasapares. I followed that up and actually found hundreds of squure blocks scattered in the tall grass, I belive that they are still there.So far as I know, I am the only that knows of them..The mission was way off from the man trails. This is a fascinating part of the Jesuit tale, they communicated from Mission to mission by firelight, similar to a Heliograph.The ledge on which the Gloris Pan was originally called "La mina de Peligro the mine of danger" Side thing, I still have my machete which I used in Yucatan and Quintana Roo looking for lost Mayan artifacts. It was an Au mine., due to this dangerous ledge.Which It runs N/S where the arroyo turns North and peters out shortly..

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don't hang up that machete for good YET! Thanks for explaining!

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions