The Bottle Dump!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
After discovering a bottle dump from local information, I have visited it several times and may of found several areas to dig. I pulled a broken 1960's Pepsi bottle from the ground, a broken 1947 7up bottle, a real nice cobalt medicine jar, and a 1970's flask. These are all surface finds. I am working on gathering more info as to where I should dig. I am working on building tools tonight, such as a sifter and buying a cultivator.. main question is if im finding this stuff on the surface is it worth to dig or a waste of time? There is a lot of time gaps by a few decades so im thinking if I dig some test holes I might find out. Theres tons of mason jars and 1970's stuff on the surface. It was a county dump shut down in 1984 and it was atleast there since 1947. I'm looking for any kind of bottles with embossing or acls and the pepsi bottle I pulled from the surface was broken but still had some acl showing..

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
MrSchulz said:
After discovering a bottle dump from local information, I have visited it several times and may of found several areas to dig. I pulled a broken 1960's Pepsi bottle from the ground, a broken 1947 7up bottle, a real nice cobalt medicine jar, and a 1970's flask. These are all surface finds. I am working on gathering more info as to where I should dig. I am working on building tools tonight, such as a sifter and buying a cultivator.. main question is if im finding this stuff on the surface is it worth to dig or a waste of time? There is a lot of time gaps by a few decades so im thinking if I dig some test holes I might find out. Theres tons of mason jars and 1970's stuff on the surface. It was a county dump shut down in 1984 and it was atleast there since 1947. I'm looking for any kind of bottles with embossing or acls and the pepsi bottle I pulled from the surface was broken but still had some acl showing..

Well digging up all that junk will keep you busy and burn up some calories.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like the spot i have been in new and old mixed up keep looking an you will find some neat stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread