Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
got a great job as a menards cashier about a month ago, and i have had my eyes open for old coins the whole time.:laughing7:
1x 1964 washington
1x 1967 canadian dime
1x 1920 buffalo (my favorite 8-))
5 of the 15 or 20 wheats i have seen so far (all 40s or 50s)
1x 1977 panama cent... interesting find for minnesota... :tongue3:
havent done much crh recently, just filled a few holes in the nickel book.
thanks for lookin! :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Photo0135.jpg
    Photo0135.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,026
Upvote 0

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! You're doing better than me and I've been coin searching my till for 3 months. The best I've found is a 1963 Canadian dime I got on Tuesday.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha good scores, how do you go about checking the coins? As they come in or in your down time? I used to work at a gas station (before I was informed about coins) and I had plenty of time in between customers to look through bills (although I didn't know what I was doing) I found a 1950's silver certificate dollar bill and a few 2 dollars bills (awesome finds i know ;))..

OP
OP
antlerman23

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i guess i just spot em... i had a lady dump out change to pay with at the counter, and a buffalo nickel was in the mix. but she kept it. :BangHead:

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Love the 1967 dime

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's always been a hobby of mine: checking through register change. Worked at a greasy spoon here in town in the 90's found a couple Mercury dimes and a few Buffalo nickels. Several wheat cents. Certainly gives you something to do on slow days!

Silver Chronicles

Nov 3, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shout out to all fellow cashiers out there, I have had streaks of finding silver in my 2 1/2 years of being a cashier at a local grocery store. My last streak just ended a couple weeks ago. Every sunday for around 3 weeks, I pulled a silver coin, including a mercury dime from the early 30's. I also found a 43 Washington and my last find was a 64 rosie!

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome!! You'll find better ones sooner or later. My best friend used to pull 2 Peace, 1 Morgan, and other goodies out of her cash register.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
welcome to the family!! I've been a cashier for over 20 years and there has been some interesting coins that I have found. Once you get to know your fellow cashiers, watch to see who else is looking at their change. I have a freind who works with me and she likes the "america the beautiful" series, so I save her the newer ones that she doesn't have and she saves me all the canadian, wheats and oddball coins that I like. Watch out for the silver skimmers. We have two of those in our cash office. Luckily We still have our rolls to go through, especially if they are see through. Enjoy your job as a cashier, that's one job that will always be in demand and one that can pay off big for a Coin hunter.

Smiles, and Silver,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions