The Cold Hard Truth Of The Beale Papers

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever there exist no confirmation of the details in a treasure legend then the author, however earnest he might feel his effort are, begins to manufacture those missing details. And when that begins to happen the horse has clearly left the stable, and I don’t mean a horse stable. To date nobody has been able to confirm most of the details in the story and there's a reason for that, because they never took place. "PERIOD!" So anything beyond these cold hard facts simply represent "manufactured evidences." These manufactured evidences can lead to the truth, they can only produce a very "unstable" theory.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Whenever there exist no confirmation of the details in a treasure legend then the author, however earnest he might feel his effort are, begins to manufacture those missing details. And when that begins to happen the horse has clearly left the stable, and I don’t mean a horse stable. To date nobody has been able to confirm most of the details in the story and there's a reason for that, because they never took place. "PERIOD!" So anything beyond these cold hard facts simply represent "manufactured evidences." These manufactured evidences can lead to the truth, they can only produce a very "unstable" theory.
True, there is no confirmation on the details but ask yourself why they were used..."Man can be lead down bad or false paths".

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh to the contrary, a classic tale it is but there is so much more...
Yes, there is so much more, that is accurate. There are "a lot" of made up alternate narratives that are based on nothing but personal desires and thin air. Nothing ever has, or ever will, come from any of them, other then more of the same.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Yes, there is so much more, that is accurate. There are "a lot" of made up alternate narratives that are based on nothing but personal desires and thin air. Nothing ever has, or ever will, come from any of them, other then more of the same.
So to you the Beale legend is nothing more than a legend but I will differ in opinion. They are real and solvable and the hardest part is gaining access to the property.

johnnyrev

Greenie
May 30, 2023
Nice Opinion!

Confucius has said, “A wise man question himself, a fool, others.”

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I'm in the belief that the Beale Papers were written after 1850 but one has to ask why? What piece of literature changed how people viewed themselves? Anyone know the answer?

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Oh come on...okay, we will change it a little. What piece of literature change how one treated another in the mid 1800's?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Somewhere in the mysteriously nonexistent confirmed thin file folder of pictures of recovered Beale treasure(s) is a slight whiff of allegation.
Those adding peer reviewed and documented pictures neutral party's have confirmed create such a short line they risk not wearing a low spot in the stone path.

Oh but it's real.
Well yes. It is.
The treasure remains to be proven. But "It's" certainly real enough. "It's" being the Beale Papers.
Evidenced by no treasure recovered.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Somewhere in the mysteriously nonexistent confirmed thin file folder of pictures of recovered Beale treasure(s) is a slight whiff of allegation.
Those adding peer reviewed and documented pictures neutral party's have confirmed create such a short line they risk not wearing a low spot in the stone path.

Oh but it's real.
Well yes. It is.
The treasure remains to be proven. But "It's" certainly real enough. "It's" being the Beale Papers.
Evidenced by no treasure recovered.
As I have said the easy part is solving, the hard part is gaining access...When a land owner says they want $100,000.00 to gain access to the land and at least 75% of what you find it tends to put a damper on the "boots on the ground" narrative. Greed is an amazing thing, and it brings out the worst in people. The treasure is worth nothing more than what someone is willing to give you for it but the legend and solve is priceless. You have to give up some of that solve to convince a landowner which is the hardest thing to do.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As I have said the easy part is solving, the hard part is gaining access...When a land owner says they want $100,000.00 to gain access to the land and at least 75% of what you find it tends to put a damper on the "boots on the ground" narrative. Greed is an amazing thing, and it brings out the worst in people. The treasure is worth nothing more than what someone is willing to give you for it but the legend and solve is priceless. You have to give up some of that solve to convince a landowner which is the hardest thing to do.
Better to buy than to borrow sometimes.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the story, but the problem is the game of telephone has gone on too long. Information changes over time hence the discrepancies and new theories constantly arising. This can be said for almost any treasure legend.

It is fine to have faith in a story, but facts will actually make people commit to continuing the hunt and ultimately investing in it.

I believe there are many great treasure waiting to be found out there, some known and other unknown, effort will unlock some while dumb luck will unlock others.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
True but as they say it takes money to make money...money in itself is a rare commodity these days. Not easily given when there is none to give...
In a position with all those zeros you posted for access. No doubt.

How an X became so costly Vs. not showing your hole cards to the owner(s) isn't on me.
Most properties around me are priced far less per acre than your zeros.
And what I've acquired vacant has been less than asking.
As with my shack on a little patch.

I don't want to know where you have a site you can't get on. The why matters more.
An old site just over one of my borders the owner doesn't (didn't , and may not be able to any more) want to sell a strip on my side.
My next step would be propose my leasing it a growing season. (A part would be cleared again as the widows husband would have had done prior. And likely at intervals after.)
That failing , seeking a days permission to put a tent on it. You ever put a tent on a tiny dig site , use one tall enough to stand in. And one with no floor besides a seperate one as a ground cloth.
Otherwise you'll need to cut an X in your floor.

The X is tiny. The property extensive. More so $$$$wise.
Would I quit my shack for a site costing twice as much?
If it had a million I could access and divulge on on it , maybe!
I sure wouldn't be telling the owner I expected a million from it though.

Folks died over time who were watching a site.
I've lost track of if the place changed hands and if so if it's in the same family.
Maybe more importantly as I drive past now and then and am reminded I missed the old orchard being removed between road and house. And wonder if anyone still knows it's allegations? My problem (the nagging) being who I knew was watching it. No , he didn't tell me he was.
Not my lead. Not a small X either. Compared to some , sure. But.

While not far away from there the old couple we'd stop at's so long ago (oh those lovely produce smells and cool air from the block building)home next door was razed. But not before a false wall was found in the attic. One of those old usable/practical type attics , more like just another room.
Time to be buying that place was before it was razed.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
In a position with all those zeros you posted for access. No doubt.

How an X became so costly Vs. not showing your hole cards to the owner(s) isn't on me.
Most properties around me are priced far less per acre than your zeros.
And what I've acquired vacant has been less than asking.
As with my shack on a little patch.

I don't want to know where you have a site you can't get on. The why matters more.
An old site just over one of my borders the owner doesn't (didn't , and may not be able to any more) want to sell a strip on my side.
My next step would be propose my leasing it a growing season. (A part would be cleared again as the widows husband would have had done prior. And likely at intervals after.)
That failing , seeking a days permission to put a tent on it. You ever put a tent on a tiny dig site , use one tall enough to stand in. And one with no floor besides a seperate one as a ground cloth.
Otherwise you'll need to cut an X in your floor.

The X is tiny. The property extensive. More so $$$$wise.
Would I quit my shack for a site costing twice as much?
If it had a million I could access and divulge on on it , maybe!
I sure wouldn't be telling the owner I expected a million from it though.

Folks died over time who were watching a site.
I've lost track of if the place changed hands and if so if it's in the same family.
Maybe more importantly as I drive past now and then and am reminded I missed the old orchard being removed between road and house. And wonder if anyone still knows it's allegations? My problem (the nagging) being who I knew was watching it. No , he didn't tell me he was.
Not my lead. Not a small X either. Compared to some , sure. But.

While not far away from there the old couple we'd stop at's so long ago (oh those lovely produce smells and cool air from the block building)home next door was razed. But not before a false wall was found in the attic. One of those old usable/practical type attics , more like just another room.
Time to be buying that place was before it was razed.
My site is a little more complicated, I did have two sites that were in question and at approaching the first land owner they requested so much of me, ie $100,000.00 plus a minimum of 75%. With great despair I was actually just going to publish what I believed to be the truth. But something in me refused to just give it a way. After a time of going over my work I found a error and it removed the first site and leaves only one. The land since the deposit was created has been divided. Two neighbors occupy my spot and I have yet to approach them. Like I said, greed brings out the worst in people and I am not ready to give it all away.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I like the story, but the problem is the game of telephone has gone on too long. Information changes over time hence the discrepancies and new theories constantly arising. This can be said for almost any treasure legend.

It is fine to have faith in a story, but facts will actually make people commit to continuing the hunt and ultimately investing in it.

I believe there are many great treasure waiting to be found out there, some known and other unknown, effort will unlock some while dumb luck will unlock others.
The only reason it hasn't been found is people are trying to play 2D chest on a 3D board. There are assumptions made as to the State the deposit is in...but as you know when one ASSUMES ass's are to be made.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My site is a little more complicated, I did have two sites that were in question and at approaching the first land owner they requested so much of me, ie $100,000.00 plus a minimum of 75%. With great despair I was actually just going to publish what I believed to be the truth. But something in me refused to just give it a way. After a time of going over my work I found a error and it removed the first site and leaves only one. The land since the deposit was created has been divided. Two neighbors occupy my spot and I have yet to approach them. Like I said, greed brings out the worst in people and I am not ready to give it all away.
There's tales (not to reduce your access challenge(s) of properties where the odds seem so infinitesimal of a recovery.
Obviously there are places we're not allowed , or more importantly not allowed to touch something or attempt to touch something , or to fart sideways..

Any perception of leverage guessed in your case hinges on what your neighbors know.
The site it self's physical description. Where in relation to set back ordinance vs property lines. And the "way where there is no way" contemplation.

I arrived at a long sought site (no , no huge treasure)and didn't get out of the vehicle.
What time and farming equipment and farming and livestock accumulations and farming and ranching did to and on the acre I was eyeing... Really conflicted with my idea of a recovery.
It can happen!

Land adjacent to some I own came up for sale.
The time to acquire is when it is for sale or the owner is accepting of an offer or counters near buyers ability and desire to pay/finance.. even if priced with a premium.
At five times what I paid per acre I left it alone.
Would like to. Didn't have to. Plus that money thing you mentioned. And land elsewhere exists.
Had there been a million buried in there I knew of amid the multiple parcels that followed, I could have got on it for the minimum down payment , and let the bank repossess it after my recovery or if I couldn't flip it in time due to no recovery.
Yes my credit would take a hit. With a pocketed million (well , it could happen in theory pre tax) my credit might recover in time. Without the recovery? I shouldn't have bought into it for the recovery...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
There's tales (not to reduce your access challenge(s) of properties where the odds seem so infinitesimal of a recovery.
Obviously there are places we're not allowed , or more importantly not allowed to touch something or attempt to touch something , or to fart sideways..

Any perception of leverage guessed in your case hinges on what your neighbors know.
The site it self's physical description. Where in relation to set back ordinance vs property lines. And the "way where there is no way" contemplation.

I arrived at a long sought site (no , no huge treasure)and didn't get out of the vehicle.
What time and farming equipment and farming and livestock accumulations and farming and ranching did to and on the acre I was eyeing... Really conflicted with my idea of a recovery.
It can happen!

Land adjacent to some I own came up for sale.
The time to acquire is when it is for sale or the owner is accepting of an offer or counters near buyers ability and desire to pay/finance.. even if priced with a premium.
At five times what I paid per acre I left it alone.
Would like to. Didn't have to. Plus that money thing you mentioned. And land elsewhere exists.
Had there been a million buried in there I knew of amid the multiple parcels that followed, I could have got on it for the minimum down payment , and let the bank repossess it after my recovery or if I couldn't flip it in time due to no recovery.
Yes my credit would take a hit. With a pocketed million (well , it could happen in theory pre tax) my credit might recover in time. Without the recovery? I shouldn't have bought into it for the recovery...
LOL! I love that reply!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread