Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
TT while I was checking this U-Tube thing out, that's exactly what I was thinking ( making my own movie ). So YES that will happen just not a quick as one will think. I do have a semi newer camera that does movies, but I don't have the software to edit it all. I also did see some other Anza Borrego video's, however some are " very " amatuerish but I will search for more. This all started when I was looking for some info on Alta California I ran into a site about the " real " 1st President Samuel Huntington. Check out the Revoluntionary section here and watch the video of the re-entombment it was very interesting.

PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TT,
Here is a " quickie " of some of the desert caves. There are several treasure stories associated with these caves. From Joaquin Murrieta to local stage robberies being stored here. I think these people are a little niave about the " critters " ( snakes and such ) in the caves. I was told by a ranger not only do you watch your step but also where you put your hands because you can be bitten almost anywhere.

PLL

[youtube=425,350]AdK_FsXAUFY&hl[/youtube]

S

stefen

Was at our Idyllwild home last weekend and talked to some people from the Palm Springs area that came up to get away from the 108 degree weather...that was hot considering the typical June-Gloom...

We had a lot of California Poppies everywhere on the hill, wonder if the desert wildflower show was as spectacular?

Answered my own question, here is a picture of Anza (Henderson Canyon) area in bloom...

Attachments

• Henderson-Canyon.jpg
    Henderson-Canyon.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 318
OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey stefen,
That is a stunning pix.... Would look great as a desktop background....

PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember TT,
It is illegal to Md in a state park or at least Anza Borrego for sure... Heavy heavy fines and " full " confiscation of ALL material including research, vehicle etc.. But you're right the area could be rich.....

PLL

Rattler0216

May 30, 2008
I've been in those mud caves a few times, real cool area next time I go I'll have look around a little closer.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey treasure tales, I couldn't help but notice, that you say you "get permission for state beaches"? Since when are state of CA beaches not full open game? We hunt them all the time here (Monterey, Asilomar, Seacliff, Moss Landing, Marina, etc.. etc... etc...) in full view of anyone and everyone, for the last 30 yrs, and never have a problem. Yup, even in full view of rangers.

One time, a state archie just HAPPENED to bump into a md'r on Seacliff State beach. It was just a fluke chance that he was at that beach that day, to give some sort of interpretive lecture for the museum that's right there. He looked down on the beach, and saw a buddy of mine detecting. He came down and tried to tell him "you can't do that". They had a debate, and the archie eventually stormed off mad. So when this info. got on the Kinzli CA forum, a few people wondered if this applied to all state beaches, or if this guy was even right, to begin with. A few people were going to complain or inquire or something, while others thought "treat this as an isolated incident, lest we bring attention to ourselves. Ie.: no one has ever cared, why rock the boat?" As it turned out, a forumite had a high-ranking friend in the parks dept. He inquired of that friend. The friend wrote him a letter, that stated there are no prohibitions about detecting state beaches. I think it has to do with the distinction between state "beaches" vs state "parks". Yes, they're both in the state park's system, but one is a beach, and the other is a park.

Now I grant you, if you asked enough questions, and went higher up the ladder, someone ELSE in the bureaucracy may say they're all one-&-the-same park's oversight, and tell you "no". But besides that one incident, I've never heard of anything else again. So as far as all CA hunters I know, it is only state "parks" you might have to be "discreet" at, not beaches. And it's best to leave it that way. Because as I said, if you asked enough state people, someone might see it differently, and start enforcing something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread