What's new

The Concorde

sandchip

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
4,374
Reaction score
6,934
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This LaFayette isn't a recent find, but one I posted on another site in a point type thread. Zilch response, so maybe youse guys can appreciate it. If not, maybe I just need to face the grim realization that my collection SUX! ;D

lafayette2.webp
lafayette3.webp
lafayette4.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is AWESOME Sandchip ! Everything from the material, to the style, to the workmanship is exceptional. Amazing how the needle tip and long barbs stayed intact, especially the exaggerated one on the left side. If those Lafayette's are dart points (?), once penetrated into flesh, they certainly could not have been extracted without massive damage to the victim. Is that a creek find that survived the ravages of floods, or afield find that survived the ravages of plows? HH
 
Found in GA? NICE little point there- and Concord indeed- like that last pic. ;) Thanks for the peek-- Yakker
 
I don't know what the other site likes, but I like that one a lot:notworthy:Nice find.
 
that piece has some killer barbs on it,nice color and looks nice and thin for its size.It would be at the tip top of my collection that is for sure.
 
Stay off that other site if they didn't like that one. The darn ears are always broken off on the ones I find which isn't many. What a beauty
 
...Is that a creek find that survived the ravages of floods, or a field find that survived the ravages of plows?

Crick find, and thanks everybody for the favorable reviews! Found this Cowhouse about 10 minutes earlier and maybe 50 feet away. One of those days that doesn't come along nearly often enough.

cow3.webp
trans2.webp
 
Did you show them that one? Some amazing flaking on that beast.
 
They're both nice but that Cowhouse is a beauty!.. it's nice to see something described as a Cowhouse slough that isn't actually a preform
 
Thanks, man. I like those triple thinning strikes across the base, one of the diagnostics of a CS.
 
Holy Smokes! That Cowhouse is a beauty! I've never actually heard of that style before. Learn something new every day! Yakker
 
Those are both super finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
Beautiful x 2....what wonderful flaking...mjm
 
That is a thing of beauty! It makes you wonder how someone could make something like that and then use it, knowing it very likely would shatter if it misses it's target. The other forum probably had no sense of history or respect for it.
 
I guess I just had to show 'em to some folks with class.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom