The Corridor Comedy Continues

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
In case it isn't self-evident by now, the primary reason why "sciences" like archaeology are funded is not the advancement of knowledge. If that were the case, they would tell the truth.

Archaeology receives "public" funding in order to create and control "public opinion."

George Orwell said:
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

This is why the journal articles are an elaborate distraction from the press releases, which are what count.

Try to keep from laughing -- head to head. Both 3.20.22

www.studyfinds.org/giant-ice-wall-blocked-america

www.sott.net/article/465788-ice-free-corridor-from-Beringia-to-Great-Plains-existed-13800-years-ago-dating-of-boulders-shows

Last edited:
Upvote 4

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and yet no matter who has been in or held the power nothing changes except that suddenly in the last few years us nonprofessionals all know so much better than all the educators, professionals and scientists. There is no way they're going to outsmart me. sheesh.
Is it possible they keep learning and are still trying to figure it out?

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran into an interesting example of this today. The Piled-Higher-and-Deepers are going ballistic over the traction this guy's videos are getting. He's a renegade anthropologist who points out the impossibility of officially sanctioned "explanations" when the (uncontested) known facts are considered.

I can't find a direct youtube url link to it, but google Robert Sepeher + Debunking Out of Africa in Fifteen Minutes. (The last part is a Red Lobster commercial you can skip). The information he presents (well researched and nicely illustrated) will leave you wondering.

(His blood type B-negative stuff is pretty interisting as well).

FWIW

Last edited:

Missouri Breaks

Mar 21, 2021
CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran into an interesting example of this today. The Piled-Higher-and-Deepers are going ballistic over the traction this guy's videos are getting. He's a renegade anthropologist who points out the impossibility of officially sanctioned "explanations" when the (uncontested) known facts are considered.

I can't find a direct youtube url link to it, but google Robert Sepher + Debunking Out of Africa in Fifteen Minutes. (The last part is a Red Lobster commercial you can skip). The information he presents (well researched and nicely illustrated) will leave you wondering.

(His blood type B-negative stuff is pretty interisting as well).

FWIW
Definitely worth checking out his short videos.

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glacier Measurements​

Prior to carbon dating methods, the age of sediments deposited by the last ice age was surmised to be about 25000 years. "Radiocarbon dates of a layer of peat beneath the glacial sediments provided an age of only 11,400 years."

These examples are from The Earth Through Time, 2nd Ed. by Harold L. Levin

Reading this excerpt from an article, big difference in dating, eh.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and then there is this...

As soon as I read that, I wondered if the dates for human tracks at White Sands, NM had been called into doubt. I haven’t seen anything to that effect, and the prints ranged from 21,000 to 23,000 years. You can debate geofact or artifact, you can debate dates due to mixing, but the tracks are unambiguously human, so I would like to see if they have reason to question the dates, and I suspect they haven’t even considered these recent findings.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The White Sands footprint dates indirectly lent more weight to this site in Mexico, dated to 30,000 years. If they were as far inland as NM by 23,000 years ago, they arrived somewhat earlier.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
from the article I found this the most provocative ... "If humans managed to breach the continental ice sheets significantly before 13,000 years ago, there should be clear evidence for it in the form of at least some stratigraphically discrete archeological components with a relatively high artifact count. So far, no such evidence exists,"

I am a fan however of many/most of any such hypothetical sites being long ago erased by rising sea levels.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
from the article I found this the most provocative ... "If humans managed to breach the continental ice sheets significantly before 13,000 years ago, there should be clear evidence for it in the form of at least some stratigraphically discrete archeological components with a relatively high artifact count. So far, no such evidence exists,"

I am a fan however of many/most of any such hypothetical sites being long ago erased by rising sea levels.
I agree, people back then would be living on the edge of the continent near the sea. Lot's of food, boat travel, no glaciers. Sea levels rose 400 feet. All the sites now are submerged. Time for underwater archeologists to stop looking for shipwrecks and refocus.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
main-qimg-f9983eca3282ebf306013ae07acfe26c-c

this is a great image too.... Notice South America's glaciation and Antarctica's sea ice extension.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Ridiculous -- I suspect on purpose. Butchered mammoth &c. repains older than around 20k years ago show that stone artifacts such as points, knives and scrapers were not in the tool inventories that far back in time. Other than broken rock choppers, bone and ivory were used, and only few of those.

Add: Quote feature doesn't work on my tablet. Referring to unclemac's post mentioning large tool inventories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread