Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe put it in a bucket of rice, after i dropped my phone in a 4 in puddle,i put my phone in a
bowl of rice for 2 days works fine now, i didnt take it apart just the battery an buried them in a bowl of rice

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Vivitar dvr camera at Staples for about $60.00 bucks. It has a water proof casing and two mounts. I know it doesnt help now, but I use mine all the tile now. Here is a picture of one of the mounts.

View attachment 805615

View attachment 805616
Nice camera and mount. Funny thing is my camera was on a lanyard! Just not my detector!

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The danger of using land machines in or near the water. Also, I don't know if yours had one, but having an arm strap on makes it tougher to drop the detector since it will stay up without your hand on it.
Open it up, take the batteries out and let it dry. You might also want to call the manufacturer to see if they have advice on what to do. We will all keep our fingers crossed that she can be revived.

Agreed.. It is just too cumbersome to use the arm strap in the water with filming and the scoop etc. The easy answer is to use the lanyard my young son had the sense enough to make LOL.
Thanks for the crossed fingers!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice camera and mount. Funny thing is my camera was on a lanyard! Just not my detector!

Silver linings!! Now you can just collect on the F2's life insurance policy and upgrade!!! ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself! LOL

HH! - soon!!

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dropped one of my Fisher 1266x in the water before! She just needs time too dry out, she should come back to life when everything is dried out. If not, Please contact me and I will buy it off you if you are just going too throw it away.

I know my Ace 250 got a dunk and dried out OK also.

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait ! I haven't watched your video but I assume you drowned the F2 , correct ? I think I can solve your problem but it'll take a week or so to see if your wet F2 went out for good . I think this is a freshwater dunk so take your battery's out and let it drain . Take off the control box and if you can open it up and expose the guts it will make it quicker .Then go to a store look for a large bag (or two) of rice at least 4 pounds or so . Put it (rice) and the control box in the center of the box and close it up and put in the warmest place you can find and leave it for 7 to 10 days and then pull it in and replace the batteries and plug in your coil . I'm not saying this will work for you but it has for me with all kinds of electronics both battery operated and plug in stuff . There is another step method that you can try now if you want and it might work right way or you can combine both together . Buy a large can of WD-40 and if you can't remove the faceplate find two area's on the box and take 1/8 " drill and put a tape stop of a 1/4" or less on it so all you're doing is piercing through it and not damaging any components. Then tape the bottom hole and squirt it with about 1/2 a can , close the top hole with a finger and shake it up for at least a minute and then drain it out and let it sit for an hour or two or overnight . Do this as long as you're sure it won't get in between the display screen .
WD-40 is non-conductive and wipes out moisture ... as useful as duct tape but in a can .
Now if there are any doubter's that's fine with me because I've used both of these methods and have had lots of success . And it's better than giving up , not yet...try it .
And if you're too busy you can ship it to me ( just the box and coil ) with $10 or so for rice and WD-40 and I'll try to get it up and running . If I'm successful I'll let you know and you can send me the return shipping . And if not successful I'll send you the coil back if you want it at your expense .
I've been a member here for quite sometime and as some of you know I used to pick up bad detectors and bring them back from dead and then donate them to kid's clubs so this to me is the same thing and not matter how silly this sounds I won't rip you off .
So if this sounds good and you have limited time to tinker with it just PM me and we'll begin the process ... Happy Trails , Woodstock

And I almost forgot that if it's salt water then flush it asap and flush it again with fresh water thoroughly . Use the WD-40 method cause it with help clear up any slight salt corrosion and fill the control box with rice or put it in a box of rice like before and give it at least 48 hours or more , I'd use 5 to 7 days cause of the WD-40 . To make it simple , I think there is a good chance that you ( or I ) can bring it back to life . You can do it yourself for about 15 bucks or send it to me with cost of materials and shipping . About $30 total .
If I can't get it to beep I doubt if anyone else can short of replacing the mainboard ... It's all up to you , like I said just PM me and pay for the materials and shipping ... my labor in your case if FREE . Best Regards to All ! Woodstock

Thanks so much for the info and your offer to help. I had a 250 take a dunk last year that dried out with no problems. I will let you know..

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe put it in a bucket of rice, after i dropped my phone in a 4 in puddle,i put my phone in a
bowl of rice for 2 days works fine now, i didnt take it apart just the battery an buried them in a bowl of rice

I have not tried it before, but is worth a shot now! Thanks for the idea.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you didn't drop the camera.

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F2 Lives

This is what I did to give the F2 some electronic C. P. R. Thanks for all the help to those that posed encouragement and suggestions!!Check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread