What's new

The "Deck"

tomclark

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
1,643
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
When we are discussing points in the hole we make up stupid names for "unusual" variants or generally funky points.:laughing7:
We also use terms that you don't usually see to describe parts of a point. We sometimes call an even,thin view from the side as the "deck" on fluted points or cracker thin points. The sides we sometimes call the "rails" and the base we call the "tang" or "butt"...

check out the deck on this fluter!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOW!! Really Neat Piece tomclark!! Did you find that around your area?? Gorgeous!! CONGRATS!! Thanks for Sharing!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Geees! Is that a Cowhouse?
 
It's a Santa Fe point from the Santa Fe, thought it was a leaf! Memories....


 
Man.. Perfect camo!
Good eye! Clear mask too!
 
that has got to be one of the most gorgeous points I have ever seen!! Love the color and the shape is perfect. All I can say is WOW!!!. I can see why you would think it was a leaf. Is that a personal find? I would love to find one like that...
 
Bet you could have shaved with that thing when it was new! peferct point! And thanks for the lesson!
Did natives shave?
 
Oh man that algae like that I wish it would stay. Is that like thinness in the hole. I like it better than Boom Baby Boom. Nice find great memory I am sure Tom.
 
Thanks, TNM. No algae, it's the colors taken up from different sources. One can sometimes tell what river or river basin a point has come from due to the minerals taken up by the material. Santa Fe, Suwannee and Flint Rivers for example have different colored patina (generally!).
 
Awesome point, love the patina! Nice views, thanks..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom