Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone, I went to a place Husstlers Terrace yesterday.This is a junction of 3 roads about 5 minute drive from my place.This hotel was built in 1873 and called The Boundry Hotel and on other side of the road is a mansion called The Husstlers Terrace.the mansion was also built in 1873 by John Emmet. John Emmet owned a gold mine behind the hotel, some 50 yards away.The gold mine had few different owners and names, but is best known and The Husstlers Extended .The main shaft was 2700 feet deep and produced 198,000 ozs of gold from 1861-1915.Under these buildings runs a saddle Quartz gold reef called husstlers.First mined in 1851 by Ben Harris [american].i couldnot get premission to hunt the mansion or the hotel site but there is plenty of public land around this site to hunt.There are lots of these sort of disused sites scattered all over the place.These sites are considered unstable ground and are not suitable to build on.Just left to stand time.Anyway i sent most of yesterday just loaming and picking the areas with the least amount of ground trash, left by others over the years :( :( :(I had a mixed day but found a couple of interesting relics and 2 silver coins aussie shilling 1907, aussie sixpence 1904.There heaps of pics of the whole place and finds.thanks for looking

tinpan

This a pewter eagle head about 2 inches long,how old unknown and place of origin unknown

Attachments

• boundry 1001.jpg
    boundry 1001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 583
  • boundry 1001.jpg
    boundry 1001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 574
Upvote 0

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great find Tinpan - I'm constantly surprised at how much is still out there. I think relic and coin hunters have a bit of an advantage in Oz as most Aussies seem to concentrate either looking for coins on the beach or detecting for gold as opposed to looking for coins and relics at inland sites. I don't think detecting is anywhere as common in Oz than it is in the US.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks harry, i totally agree,most of the m.ders around the bendigo area go looking for gold at lost grounds and have to drive up to 140 kms and the beaches are worked too.this why i picked these quartz gold mine sites,no-one is interested but me.Most m.ders here think theres nothing left at these sites, so wrong are they.I found a nice piece of fools gold in rock today lol

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions