Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe that, I'll sell you a bridge in New York cheap. It's starting to REALLY get scary out here. Four robberies in the neighborhood in the fall, 8 empty and now run down homes, two more families moving out due to job loss and the last store within 5 miles closed this week. How are your towns or neighborhoods doing?

Well smokey, South Florida is hustling and bustling, everyone is ready to prey on who ever might have some money.
If they move out, someone else moves right in. If a store closes, another one opens. We are hosts to a LARGE international community though, and they all bring money when they come.

I know it's been tough out there for small rural America, hang in there, and invest in food seeds. Get your garden started early!

I've been through so many economic cycles through the years I have learned that good times and bad never last.
Also the bad times are like a woman having a baby. After a time she will forget the pain. Maybe that fact contributes to the repetition.

Hard for me to say...Medicine is always busy. Talk about job security...

You can always open a solar panel factory ooops forget that one. Actually I'm thinking on writing the king for a couple of million dollar grant for making car seats and steering wheels into solar panels. Hot tickets in July in Arizona.

Crisp I think your right, lots of money in drugs there's hundreds of sales people on the streets of Chicago:laughing7: And elsewhere.

Crisp I think your right, lots of money in drugs there's hundreds of sales people on the streets of Chicago:laughing7: And elsewhere.

I got the best solar panels from people that didn't know what they had and I will say......ILL....its cheap shipping...LOL

Power to the people......:laughing7:

Last edited:
Texas is booming from oil shale development that should last for decades. Jobs are plentiful in many sectors and things look good except for the lack of rain. We are good in most cities water wise, but farmers are hurting...

Here in the midwest it has its up and downs. In the agri areas farmers are doing fine because of the prices of grain and farm substates. A few mom and pop shops have closed but none of them did that well when the market was good. In one of the spots where the cafe used to be is now a "food bank" type place.

We are having a bit of a drought as well but hopefully this spring will bring lots of rain. The drought didn't hurt to may farmers in my area last year, but about an hour south it was hit hard.

Iowa...in history is a ruff place ......let the rains come...right.....I have fath brother.....:headbang:

If the unemployment numbers were calculated the same way they were back in the thirties, the last 5 years have been worse than any during the great depression.

If the unemployment numbers were calculated the same way they were back in the thirties, the last 5 years have been worse than any during the great depression.

They dont count the people whose unemployment benefits expired or who gave up looking for a job.The advertised unemployment figures are always a farce.

They dont count the people whose unemployment benefits expired or who gave up looking for a job.The advertised unemployment figures are always a farce.

I totally agree. It makes me mad when the news is saying jobs are getting better all because 20000 less unemployment claims were filed. You can only get so much unemployment before you are no longer eligible then what do those folks do? Our counting system is seriously flawed.

I totally agree. It makes me mad when the news is saying jobs are getting better all because 20000 less unemployment claims were filed. You can only get so much unemployment before you are no longer eligible then what do those folks do? Our counting system is seriously flawed.

Arno theyre only talking to the people whose response would be BAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAA :laughing9:

Working for telco, I'm a service tech. I can't believe the popularity right now of "indoor gardening" in this economy. I gotta say it's at least 50% of the calls I make, and "where'd the skunk die?" Seems like everyone wants to grow their own "pot" of tomatoes!

N,Charleston just got a big Boeing air plane plant.But there are screwing up.Ever time they fire off a new dreamliner the batteries catches on fire.Things may go down again anytime with the gov pulling this budget cut stuff. :-[

Working for telco, I'm a service tech. I can't believe the popularity right now of "indoor gardening" in this economy. I gotta say it's at least 50% of the calls I make, and "where'd the skunk die?" Seems like everyone wants to grow their own "pot" of tomatoes!

They will be wishing they set all that up out side in a greenhouse if the lights go out..there isnt nothing worse than trying to keep grow lights working off solar pannels and a battery bank..LOL

Wife & I just did our TAXES; From FED & STATE, getting close to $1,000 back. Taking AMTRAK (train) to DC for a one day trip on 1st day of SPRING... Life IS Good!

Last edited:
Remember, when the good times return, don't jam yourself up with credit cards and over spending. Squirrel away the nuts for the next down time.
Today's mantra of "Cut Government Spending" could bite everyone when the realization of how we all depend on Gov employees spending is understood. They are our tax recyclers. It's a huge way to get our tax bucks back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back