The EPA screw up detailed verbatim 1 week prior to event

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letter to Editor PREDICTED COLORADO EPA SPILL One Week Before Catastrophe=> So EPA Could Secure Control of Area (Updated) - The Gateway Pundit

"This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money."

ratled

Upvote 0
A rather interesting development here. If proven true, this would show the public that certain people at the EPA are working an agenda that is in truth not in the interest of the American people. The letter eludes the EPA "team" had a hydrologist with them. While we don't know if they did or not, this doesn't bode well for the project manager. If they did not listen to a qualified person with knowledge in such matters, the the project manager should be held accountable for the spill. To go against the advice of a qualified expert is arrogant and extremely short sighted. A full accounting and disclosure of the events that led up to the spill is owed to the American people as well as a close examination of procedures used by the EPA and their contractors.

.....or the Hydrologist was there to show the idjits HOW to do it.

Well I was trying to give the hydrologist (if they even exist) the benefit of the doubt. Either way there has got to be a major investigation into this disaster to include just who was working the project and what their qualifications are. most likely if the hydrologist advised them NOT to do this, it will end up as a "He said-She said" with a lot of finger pointing on both sides.

Letter to Editor PREDICTED COLORADO EPA SPILL One Week Before Catastrophe=> So EPA Could Secure Control of Area (Updated) - The Gateway Pundit

"This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money."

ratled

Actually, the date on that is 30 June 2015, 1 week after the EPA meeting 23 June 2015. So they knew 6 weeks before the 5 Aug 2015 disaster!!

Well I was trying to give the hydrologist (if they even exist) the benefit of the doubt. Either way there has got to be a major investigation into this disaster to include just who was working the project and what their qualifications are. most likely if the hydrologist advised them NOT to do this, it will end up as a "He said-She said" with a lot of finger pointing on both sides.

I didn't word my thoughts right. I was meaning that maybe the hydrologist was part of the deal to purposely screw it up.

A rather interesting development here. If proven true, this would show the public that certain people at the EPA are working an agenda that is in truth not in the interest of the American people. The letter eludes the EPA "team" had a hydrologist with them. While we don't know if they did or not, this doesn't bode well for the project manager. If they did not listen to a qualified person with knowledge in such matters, the the project manager should be held accountable for the spill. To go against the advice of a qualified expert is arrogant and extremely short sighted. A full accounting and disclosure of the events that led up to the spill is owed to the American people as well as a close examination of procedures used by the EPA and their contractors.

The geologist may have assumed that they had a hydrologist because any sane person in charge certainly would have had a hydrologist on site look at the problem. Oh, and by the way a mining engineer also. Also ClayDiggins has shown, there were none of the latter; I doubt there actually were hydrologists either, but I could be wrong.

But you are probably right, if they had hydrologists, they ignored what they said.

Maybe the hydrologist was snoozing during the hydrogeology courses or maybe they couldn't handle physics 2A!

And ofcourse, nobody will take the blame on this and stuff will keep spilling out with everybody, hands in the air, "WASNT ME"

Well the fearsome fours career candle flickered a tad and it's doubtful if any of them will make 'senior' project manager anytime soon, isnt that penance enough for such well intended idjits?

The EPA did this...either on purpose or by accident but it makes no difference really. The deed is done and EPA is at fault. No big deal they say...fish lived in a cage for a day. (not impressed BTW). But you bring up a good point Jeff. I mean, they sure as He** went after Capt Joe Hazelwood on the Exxon Valdez as he laid in his bunk now didn't they? It's high time this agency full of the best paid and pampered "experts" in their field to be held accountable for their actions and the public fully informed.

And IMHO, even if the whole thing turns out to be benign, they will still say we started it and they were "just" trying to clean up our mess. Blech!

-end of rant-

Actually I think it is a little more devious than that. Keep Lake Combi in mind here people.

It gets declared a Superfund site first. A few things are tried and they will fail in one way or another. Then they will "resort" to removing the highest concentrations for "further processing" to reduce the "contaminates" to an acceptable level all while we, the taxpayer, are footing the bill.

So they are not actually "mining", they are "remediating" the site due to past mining activities. And making a hell of a profit in doing so.

I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the future due to the national debt we have and there being over an estimated $150 trillion in locatable minerals in the West alone. And with the odds of any kind of royalty system passing through D.C. being worse than a snowball's chance in he!!, this is what we are left with, the little guy being run out for the G-man to take over under a so called "green program".

This is not meant to be political in any way, just an observation on what I see happening.

I didn't word my thoughts right. I was meaning that maybe the hydrologist was part of the deal to purposely screw it up.

"Give me 3 months and I'll turn over the server and I'll show you anything on it...I've done nothing wrong".
Um Roseann, we were talking about the EPA doing actual harm to the environment." "Oh.....neeeevvveeer mind!"

"Give me 3 months and I'll turn over the server and I'll show you anything on it...I've done nothing wrong".
Um Roseann, we were talking about the EPA doing actual INTENTIONAL harm to the environment." "Oh.....neeeevvveeer mind!"

There, I fixed it for you:thumbsup:

Already putting the spin on it that it's the mines fault for creating this issue and that "contractors" are to blame...... the EPA's halo remains untarnished.

ratled

Nothing to look at here........Just move along! Trust your government................No really trust your government they know whats best...........no really they do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back