The F-75 Trashy Areas and Digging Bouncing Signals=Good Results!

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skypilot02 said:
Goldiver, Oh, man! I sure wasn't trying to bash your findings none in the least! I think it's great how you've been working your '75 and I applaud your knowledge and techniches. All my point was in answer to Bottlebum's question was that sorry signals can produce good results! I am sorry if I in anyway offended you, as my intention is the same as yours, that is, to learn all I can and help anyone with what little knowledge I may have. That is why I disassembled my '75, only in the intrest of trying to resolve some issues that plague a lot of us with this machine! Once again, no offence intended, great hunting and good luck! Regards skypilot02 (Richard).

Sent you a P.M. 8)

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Ok guys, I'm getting my F75 in the mail in the next couple of days. I only hunt old wooded cellar hole sites. Basically I dig everything that is above iron. What settings should I set this up with to get me this tremendous depth and the least possible target masking? The VDI's will mostly aid me in identifying shotgun casings near the surface - how accurate is the depth reading in that regard?

Is there a way to set this up as just a super charged beep and dig machine?

Ian

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Ian, If you can stand to listen and sort through the chatter, then by accepting all targets and digging the first 15-20 hits, you will find where the so called "junk stratus" resides and be able to combine sound, V.D.I. and depth readings to go deeeeep. What I feel is going to be a real plus for you is the fact that you are searching cellar holes (I suppose I'm rightly assuming that these are away from lots of sources of EMI?) If you notch out Iron, personally I wouldn't at an old site unless it was overly abundant, you will of course lose some depth, (probably minimal) but the cool thing about the '75 is that you can notch out HALF of an undesired object's reception, either bottom numbers in that category or top numbers thereby eliminating small iron but still reading the mid sized things! For instance; You can rule out most nails and still find old clothing Irons, like the smaller ones for cuffs! With the least possible discrimination and the most perseverance, you'll reach depths that are unbelievable! However, I can't stress how different the notch setup is on this machine, compared to anything I've ever used, and if one is not extremely careful, especially at first, the results could be very undesirable. Personally, I air tested my machine to see what freqency and mode combo worked best together for greatest depth, and then took it from there as far as field use. I WILL say that JE mode on #7 frequency, (Which most folks tend to refer to as a "really hot setting") didn't work well for me in my area at all! I have 3 1266's and none of them discriminate exactly the same. But if you haven't already go to: http://fisherlab.com/hobby/documents/Manuals_FISHER/F75Manual022807.pdf and really study the operation manual, especially the pages 13 through 18 while your machine is in transit, and you will be worlds ahead when you first take to the fields! Great hunting and Good luck!! Regards, Richard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread