What's new

The "F" word again

Lucky Jack

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
The "F" word again

Today I dropped off 2 boxes at my local WaMu and the manager comes over and says they will need to start charging my $25 per box to deposit these coins. I was really suprised, they've always been so nice to me, and now this! I've only been at this 2 months and I've never dropped off more than 2 boxes a week and now I'm blacklisted. I've banked here for 15 years and I've got over $50k in CD's invested, oh well, must be time to move on. I'll have to find a larger branch or another bank. How do the rest of you handle these situations?
 
Upvote 0
Re: The "F" word again

Lucky Jack said:
Today I dropped off 2 boxes at my local WaMu and the manager comes over and says they will need to start charging my $25 per box to deposit these coins. I was really surprised, they've always been so nice to me, and now this! I've only been at this 2 months and I've never dropped off more than 2 boxes a week and now I'm blacklisted. I've banked here for 15 years and I've got over $50k in CD's invested, oh well, must be time to move on. I'll have to find a larger branch or another bank. How do the rest of you handle these situations?

Best answer is to first find a new bank that does not charge for dumps and has a coin counting machine. Also, when I take in my dumps I never take in more than $700 or so at a time so as not to pi$$ off the teller who has to run them thru the machine. But $1000 is not that much, so I don't know why your bank got uppity with you.

Second, pull all your dough out of WaMu and tell them good riddance.

Jim
 
Re: The "F" word again

Lucky Jack said:
Today I dropped off 2 boxes at my local WaMu and the manager comes over and says they will need to start charging my $25 per box to deposit these coins.
WAMU is one of my new banks also. But, before I signed up I bluntly told them that I will be depositing bags of coin. Not only did they have no problem with this they offered me an unadvertised incentive to join right away. A $75 american express gift check. All they ask is that I call ahead of time so they can have an armored car pick up if needed.

They advertise out here NO FEES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remind them of that. Or go to a different branch and test the waters there. Don't tell them about the 1st branch, may give them ideas.

I was once asked (or rather told >:() never to deposit in a local Wells Fargo branch because I fill up their vault. Made me feel good that I have more money than they do ;D
 
Re: The "F" word again

1st thing 1st get as far away from those thieves as you can. Go to WaMu sucks and you will see what i mean. I tried to pay off my mothers loan after she died. They made it so difficult i hired an attorney so they could not foreclose on her home over a $20000 loan. Sorry about the rant but please do yourself a favor and move your money..aa
 
Re: The "F" word again

If I had 50K in CD's and they wanted to charge to deposit coin I'd talk to The Man. If we couldn't come to an understanding I'd move my money!
 
Re: The "F" word again

cyberdan, Where do they advertise "no fees", I'd like to bring that up the next time I'm in. I'm also a Left Coaster. There nearest bank with a coin machine is 50 miles away so I'll just take my dumps to the other branch office in town and try there. Although the last time I dumped $500 at that office they emptied each roll to verify them and then rerolled them in front of me. I guess I'll just have to rotate, I've got accounts at BofA also so a little here, a little there and maybe I can get by.
 
Re: The "F" word again

I take in nine grand at a time and my bank never complains or says the F word.

Good luck but I would close my account with them.

HH
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom