The fella from next door came over.

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I am not sure of the type of Tortoise he is. But man is he awesome..Our dog just did not know what to make of him..lol
IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a Texas Map turtle variety they are great in the garden they eat all the bugs :laughing7:

Attachments

• texas_map2.jpg
    texas_map2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 678

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is a neat looking critter. When I was a kid our beagle got curious with a snapping turtle. We got ahold of the hound just intime. Another second and he would of had a nasty bite.

poppy in pa.

Jan 8, 2009
Wernersville,Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have trere is an African Spur Thighed Tortise. They will help keep your grass mowed, as they are vegitarians. They also get to be over 100 lbs. when full grown. :headbang: :thumbsup:

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
poppy in pa. said:
What you have trere is an African Spur Thighed Tortise. They will help keep your grass mowed, as they are vegitarians. They also get to be over 100 lbs. when full grown. :headbang: :thumbsup:
I agree.I use to breed them,they can dig some deep holes if you let them. :thumbsup:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
gorgeous! love the first pick of the dog sniffing the tortoise's butt. some things never change...

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Thats the coolest turtle i have ever seen, and clean...did you soak it in olive oil?? ;D

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Ah he or she is very beautiful, amazing really. His "six packs" are really defined, very amazing. I think the natives would have been proud :).

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Thanx yall...But I have been looking him up.And from what I read,he is sick.They have been feeding him the wrong food.They feed him alot of fruit,they are not supposed to have it.And he sneaks dogfood too...Also a no,no....From what I got from the site,he is growing way to fast.(sugar & such)I don't think the peaks on his shell should be that high.

(Sulcata tortoises evolved to deal with life in a semi-arid environment, where the only food available for much of the year is dry grasses and weeds. Be aware that your sulcata tortoise requires a very high-fiber, grass-based diet to stay healthy. If you feed the wrong foods to your tortoise, it will grow too quickly, develop a bumpy, pyramided shell, and may develop other health problems that could drastically shorten its lifespan.)

I am good friends with his owner,so fixin the prob. should make him a happyer fella...Plus I think I will buld him a pen in the yard..That will help him too...Sunshine,a shade tree,& all the Texas grass he can eat..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread