What's new

The Field of Surprises - true to its name!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent several hours trying to finish off the Field Shaun7 got the Papal Bulla in. I started gridding close to the edge & Shaun7 started in the middle & we worked towards each other. Almost immediately he came over with a big smurk on his face & lots of possibilities started running though my head about what he had. (I never guessed it) I won't ruin his surprise but it was a first for him & such a good started that I called out he was now F'ed for the rest of the session - was I right :wink: Find out on Shaun7's post!

Took me a little longer but I came up with some nice stuff:

Anglo-saxon Small-long Brooch 6th Century AD - Very Rare find for me :headbang:
Roman Brooch - 1st Century AD - never had this type & its more complete than my book example! ;D
Medieval Buckle (plate & pin) :)
1946 Sixpence - shot in ground as I lifted my spade under it
1 Scrappy
Long Live the King 1902 badge (Pin)

Although it rained all the time it was an enjoyable 5 hours for a May hunt :o
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    61 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0
bookfisher said:
As always some incredibly interesting finds. Though I think your due for some more ancient silver or gold!

I'll be due it after harvest with the sites we have lined up, but you can never expect a Gold coin, a Silver Denarius or 2 maybe...

Until then I will just dream whilst going stir crazy, plus help localise where we are going to hit with further research.
 
Congrats on another fantastic days detecting Cru. such a selection of goodies
aint been out much recently due to ill health but your posts are inspiring my friend
and hope to get out soon....PaulB. :icon_thumright:
 
dragonsbreath said:
Congrats on another fantastic days detecting Cru. such a selection of goodies
aint been out much recently due to ill health but your posts are inspiring my friend
and hope to get out soon....PaulB. :icon_thumright:

Good luck & health.

This was yesterday & I was happy enough with this. Today Dad & I thought we were just finishing off the field & didn't expect much. However, the ground had dried on the surface but wet underneath - perfect for depth :thumbsup:
 
Outstanding finds! CONGRATS! :icon_thumleft:
 
Cool finds, Cru :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: The belt buckle is my favourite.
Forgive my impertinence, but isn't it God Save the King (and not Long Live the King) badge. All the nation was singing that song during Boer War. So patriotic :hello2:
 
tuatara said:
Cool finds, Cru :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: The belt buckle is my favourite.
Forgive my impertinence, but isn't it God Save the King (and not Long Live the King) badge. All the nation was singing that song during Boer War. So patriotic :hello2:

yeap, my mistake :icon_thumright:
 
CRUSADER said:
bookfisher said:
As always some incredibly interesting finds. Though I think your due for some more ancient silver or gold!

I'll be due it after harvest with the sites we have lined up, but you can never expect a Gold coin, a Silver Denarius or 2 maybe...

Until then I will just dream whilst going stir crazy, plus help localise where we are going to hit with further research.

Research?I thought you guys were just lucky :icon_scratch:Great finds! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom