What's new

The Field of Surprises - true to its name!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent several hours trying to finish off the Field Shaun7 got the Papal Bulla in. I started gridding close to the edge & Shaun7 started in the middle & we worked towards each other. Almost immediately he came over with a big smurk on his face & lots of possibilities started running though my head about what he had. (I never guessed it) I won't ruin his surprise but it was a first for him & such a good started that I called out he was now F'ed for the rest of the session - was I right :wink: Find out on Shaun7's post!

Took me a little longer but I came up with some nice stuff:

Anglo-saxon Small-long Brooch 6th Century AD - Very Rare find for me :headbang:
Roman Brooch - 1st Century AD - never had this type & its more complete than my book example! ;D
Medieval Buckle (plate & pin) :)
1946 Sixpence - shot in ground as I lifted my spade under it
1 Scrappy
Long Live the King 1902 badge (Pin)

Although it rained all the time it was an enjoyable 5 hours for a May hunt :o
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    61 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0
Cool finds once again :icon_thumleft:!
 
It always seems to be a endless array of relics in time in those soils good hunt :icon_thumleft: Dd60
 
Those are some awesome finds ! :o
Congrats ! :icon_thumleft:
 
As long as he didn't find the cartwheel! ;D
 
Unbelievable ::) :laughing9:

The Roman brooch is a nice old one then....older than you thought :icon_thumleft:
 
Iron Patch said:
As long as he didn't find the cartwheel! ;D



No...not as good as that :laughing9:
 
Amazing wide range of finds! Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

That Roman brooch is Fantastic! :headbang:

OK .. now I have to ask you a question. How do you store/display/save your finds?

I don't have anything close to your variety (here in the colonies) but already I see (or rather My wife sees) a problem. Urgently requesting a reply!

HH Joe
 
DrJoePrime said:
Amazing wide range of finds! Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

That Roman brooch is Fantastic! :headbang:

OK .. now I have to ask you a question. How do you store/display/save your finds?

I don't have anything close to your variety (here in the colonies) but already I see (or rather My wife sees) a problem. Urgently requesting a reply!

HH Joe

Stored away in a safe place. Although I have a number of display cases in the Local Museum (Amatuer job, but until I joined they mostly only had documents & pictures)
 
shaun7 said:
Unbelievable ::) :laughing9:

The Roman brooch is a nice old one then....older than you thought :icon_thumleft:

Much older, my memory is getting worse. It wasn't the derivative of the brooch I was thinking of, its actually a derivative of the Lion Bow Brooch.
 
This field is full of Saxon Brooches...... Congratulations Cru / Shaun! :hello2: :notworthy:
 
HISPAN said:
This field is full of Saxon Brooches...... Congratulations Cru / Shaun! :hello2: :notworthy:

compared to other fields we do, kind of.. but now only 10% of the field left & these were the only 2 in the whole field, although we had the odd Saxon piece, we couldn't find their coins :(
 
Well done on the brooches Cru :icon_thumleft:. Anymore of the field left for you to do or is it all done now.

hammered
 
Man, that is one cool badge...I like it. The brooches go without saying. I keep looking for some over here, but they seem to elude me for some reason ::).
 
hammered said:
Well done on the brooches Cru :icon_thumleft:. Anymore of the field left for you to do or is it all done now.

hammered

Only a very small area which I will finish today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom