xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have plans to hunt this weekend but I heard a tantalizing true treasure tale. Some great things were found at this place that is a 5 minute walk from my apartment! I was embarrassed to find out about it without finding what was right under my nose for months!!! The kicker is that I had detected it a couple years ago and found nothing of interest... then a week ago I saw it on a map indicating that it was actually an old area. Then this weekend word of mouth tells me I need to check it out. Anyway I went there to play clean up patrol and find anything the others missed. I put in 1 hr and ended up finding nothing but clad. I'm staying positive and will be back asap to give it another go! Here is a nice marble that I was able to eyeball! It felt great to leave with something for the efforts! Sometimes the treasure is all in the attempt to get it!

Attachments

• IMG_7878.JPG
    IMG_7878.JPG
    636 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 7

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice time out. A lot of people losing their marbles these days:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting out is the best part...well finding cool things too! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice time out. A lot of people losing their marbles these days:laughing7:

Went to the same spot last night... had very little success but found another lost marble. Maybe the spot is telling me something! haha

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Well X, we all know that those "tantalizing true treasure tales" always result in huge piles of gold, silver and gems. But if that marble turns out to be the only treasure you recover, you did OK.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love finding old marbles. Keep your positive attitude about this site, and eventually it will pay real dividends. Good luck!

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
xcopperstax, what was the true treasure tale that led you back to the site. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xcopperstax, what was the true treasure tale that led you back to the site. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

If I told the true treasure tale they'd find me and I would disappear... just kidding. Capped bust dime, many silvers. Nothing too mind blowing but anything better than a wheatie is treasure in my mind!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread