The Future of Silver

ThatCopperSound

Dec 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I made this post a few weeks ago:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,448312.0.html

I made my first investment on Provident Metals (20 Mercs). Unfortunately, I had to pay shipping and sales tax (I am located in Texas).
I found a local coin store that has reasonable prices and for the last three weeks I have bought $2.00 in face value of 90% coins (20 Mercs, 15 Mercs 2 quarters, and 10 Mercs 2 Walkers).

I have also managed to find 4 silver dimes and a 40% half coin roll hunting.

Now, I have a question. I am investing in silver for the long run, so I know that by the time I am 60 years old, silver will hopefully be worth significantly more per ounce than it is today. However, for investing purposes what do you see silver doing in the short term. Do you see it dipping back down to $20? Sky rocketing up to $80/oz by the end of the year? If silver reaches $50 an ounce, should I keep investing on the probability that silver will be worth even more further down the road?

T C S, for the last 8 yrs, I've been buying silver from ebay factoring in shipping. I normally buy Canadian coins because many people prefer U S and the prices show it. Although Canadian silver coinage is 80% silver, it's still a better purchase than U S per actual oz. I see Canadian P L (Proof Like is Canada's term) silver sets going for lower prices than U S sets The U S sets have .6 oz of silver each and the Canadian sets have 1.1 oz of silver due to the Canadian set has a .6 oz silver dollar. I do not buy over 3% of the silver value of what I buy, which includes shipping.

As what silver is going to do....I don't know, but sooner (2012) or later (2014), it's going to hit the fan as the dollar disolves.

Nobody knows for sure what the price is going to be at any time. I strongly believe that mid to long term silver will go up. I don't know how high, but I think I will see $100 or more silver before this current bull market ends.

One thing to know, if you look at past bull markets, there is usually a final "cycle" where the price goes parabolic and the gains are greater percentage wise than at any other time during the entire bull market. I don't believe we have reached that part of the bull market yet, so if we do reach that point, the price should easily push far above $50.

Personally, I plan to keep buying silver for the near term. I don't plan on buying any silver once the silver to gold ratio gets lower than 45 to 1. Once we get to that point I will switch my buying back to gold or maybe platinum?

I am currently buying as much silver as I can afford at these current prices. I had been holding out for low 20's, but don't believe we will get there now. And even if we do, it might be hard to find physical silver at reasonable premiums. But you never know with silver, we could hit the 20s as easily as 50 near term.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back