The game starts changing now

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother nature is starting to stir, those northeasters starting to become more evident as we tip-toe into November and December. For those who can, and for those who are still willing to swing their thing on the beach despite the change in seasons then there is, perhaps, no better time to be on the beach. From now through about April/May, depending on the arrival of those warmer southerly winds, the beach will experience a great deal of change, more in some places then in others. All summer long the sand has continued to pile up one heap after the other but now mother nature is slowing gearing up to reclaim a great deal of it. In the months ahead she's going frequently strip the sand from the beach, those deep targets below often becoming exposed, and at least for a short period of time, left unprotected and well within range of your machine. If the fury of the sea gets angry enough some targets will even get cast onto the beach from their underwater haunts. It's usually chilly hunting and sometimes it's down right cold, sometimes even bitter cold, but for many who choose to endure these discomforts it will be worth it, their pockets and pouches often bringing treasure home. It's seldom easy hunting and it's seldom all that much fun, tis the season for the hardiest of the lot and you can bet they're preparing for it, if they're not already prepared, which is far more likely. Now it's just a matter of time, the waiting game, as Mother nature is finally on the move again. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
Pepper park to Avalon was squishy on the higher lines and firm middle to swath, minimal clad, maximum pull tabs. Was a pull tab mother load kinda day. Few interesting items that need some scrubbing. All in all was fun time had left with full pouches.

image-2396793115.jpg

Is that a black glass base with a kick up?

Unfortunately no, just a modern Budweiser bottom, not thick but not sharp.

Ahhh.. alcohol illusion ..I mean..optical ...

I'm not a drinker but I'm sure it's 4:30 somewhere, or how ever that saying goes. Ever get that interesting item you posted cleaned up any?

I quit drinking several years ago..the remark was because it was a beer bottle.
Yeah.. I dipped a small corner in 50/50 acid water mix to see it.
Its a heavily crusted piece of copper...thin..like sheathing.

Went out for a long walk. Picked up a solid piece of iron. Freakin thing ways 12.4 lbs. Whats the weight of a driveshaft?

Hopefully it was found in the walk back, Sponge. I have found a few pieces of 4ft+ rebar and pipe, and that was a pain in the butt to tote, couldn't imagine a few miles with and extra 12pds in tow. Need one of those acme magnets that wyle e coyote used to drag some of the larger debris.

Wind gusts over tropical storm force tomorrow.

Since there are a few folks here who cover alot of the same ground as myself .. I want to ask if anyone has found anything like these two stones.
I found them the same day about 100 yrds. Apart on a shipwreck beach.
They signal loud! in the upper 90's
Like silver.
I've never seen anything on the beach like them before or since.
Makes me wonder if there was silver content in some of the river rocks used as ballast.

ForumRunner_20131112_191640.png

ForumRunner_20131112_191932.png

Last edited:
Not I, I'll keep that one sandstone looking one in the rig in case we run into one another. I don't have digital readout so can't give you a numerical value. Way different in appearance and texture from what I can make out. But would be interesting to see.

These are dense like quartz.. but with those green inclusions.
I get this picture in my head of a man busting his hump to load ballast squirreling some small ones away that showed natural silver in them.. they look good in the display regardless.

That is a nice replacement for the tire iron behind my seat. Or the bat next to the door, weld some old rusty encrusted nail on the end, toss a couple of hello kitty stickers and a leather hand strap.

Good lord man.. it's got green like there is copper content in the metal.
Is it magnetic?

Hahaha no electric long johns on. Kait Parker nuff said

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back