Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Sunday for a 7 hour detecting marathon at Area Dirty-1.

Sure was windy and we only lasted a couple of hours in the open field before making it to a calmer area of the property. Did pull one of the '64 Quarters in the field before we moved on.

After making the move we sort of meandered around a bit and made our way into the woods and xGregx made the first good dig in there with a No Date Standing Liberty Quarter. It's funny, because we were just discussing that this particular area may not be as old as we thought.

The woods were holding the goods for sure as I pulled another '64 Quarter and a '40 and '50 as well. Did pull a bunch of junk and quite a few Wheaties. 2 Buffalos, one a 1937 and the other a no date. Got a 1944 War Nickle and .68 cents in clad.

On a side note, I pulled the fossil out with one of my coin finds. Does it qualify as my oldest detecting find?

Got a lot of digging in while the weather was some what decent out and boy am I sore.

Let's hope for a few more decent days to hunt.

Thanks for looking
DJH

Attachments

• 11-13-2011 (1).JPG
    11-13-2011 (1).JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 902
  • 11-13-2011.jpg
    11-13-2011.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 913

adeptr

Aug 4, 2010
Elkhart, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Older Garrett GTA 350, Newer Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go!! Nice finds. I'm also hoping for at least a couple more days of hunting before it gets too cold (hard on us old men). I'm healing from a gall blader operation and am still a little sore, but if there's a good warm day left, I'm going for it!

Congrats on all the silver.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
adeptr said:
Way to go!! Nice finds. I'm also hoping for at least a couple more days of hunting before it gets too cold (hard on us old men). I'm healing from a gall blader operation and am still a little sore, but if there's a good warm day left, I'm going for it!

Congrats on all the silver.
Thanks Adeptr,
Hope your recover goes well and you can get some dirt time in.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice pile of loot DJH, I think I lost those collar insignias off my uniform :tongue3: jgas

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice late season digs. Good to see someone's still digging around here. My machines are gathering dust as of late. Had to take a break and fill the freezer with venison. It has been a nice December for us. Maybe we'll get some January thaws this year. Hope you have a Merry Christmas DJ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions