The Grizzly Tales; Live from AU Colorado

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So my Journal will be taking a bit of a turn. Confidentiality is a big concern with the CGC so most pics will be limited. My job site shut down yesterday so I made the drive out to the claims to sample for an hour. Its a long drive but let me just say "Its Worth It!" I only sampled a bit. I moved maybe one 5 gal bucket of dirt total!
Needless to say I'll be back this weekend with my dredge. Holy crap man, the gold is 3d. Chunky, plentiful, and for NOT sitting on bedrock, just unreal! Tons of merc too!

Attachments

• 1462381172490.jpg
    1462381172490.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 132

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So my Journal will be taking a bit of a turn. Confidentiality is a big concern with the CGC so most pics will be limited. My job site shut down yesterday so I made the drive out to the claims to sample for an hour. Its a long drive but let me just say "Its Worth It!" I only sampled a bit. I moved maybe one 5 gal bucket of dirt total!
Needless to say I'll be back this weekend with my dredge. Holy crap man, the gold is 3d. Chunky, plentiful, and for NOT sitting on bedrock, just unreal! Tons of merc too!

To handle all the Mercury correctly, you can get a very well made retort from one of the other members of CGC...Dash Weeks. His handle on their forum is BigontheBlue. Great guy, very experienced miner and engineer, been a CGC member for years so he could be a big help getting you oriented to e claims and he'd love to learn more from you about geology I bet!

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Well the first day out with the the newly modified 3" dredge was a bit rugged! Its always tough getting back into the dredge game, after sluicing so much. It aint getting easier, but i still got it lol. I'm most definitely heeding your advice Kevin, on the talk to someone about the merc... Its nuts! I've never found this much Mercury in my life. Wow does it make panning easy though!!!
I really must say that this season is shaping up to be my best ever by far. Namely because today was my best day dredging. I only spent 4 cold hours moving rocks and dredging shallow. 2.07GRAMS. Flaky nice gold! Nothing too big, but its there too I'm sure. Not bad, but its going to get better I'm sure! Now who wants to be my guest?

Attachments

• 1462755086513.jpg
    1462755086513.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 1462755106947.jpg
    1462755106947.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 126

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG I could come along in a week or so :)

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Yee haw! So this is how it works. I'm allowed 2 guest trips. Each guest must fill out and send in to the CGC a liability release form found on the CGC site under Forms. Once on file I must confirm this and dates to dig. The guest and member is allowed one piece of prospecting equipment, or hands and pans. So no go on 2 dredges etc. Its a bit of a process, but so worth it!!

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrizzlyGremlin it seems like you have the Denver area of the South Platte mastered! You are pulling in some serious gold man!
Also, you inspired me to get a rock rake. So simple, so elegant. I've never been so excited to rake rocks I have big plans!

I have a number of spots near the Littleton side of the Platte totally untouched by prospectors that have given me anywhere from 8 to 20 colors per shovel full. I have test panned literally miles of the area and made a ton of maps . I know that we can find some great gold out there if you are down for a trip!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GrizzlyGremlin it seems like you have the Denver area of the South Platte mastered! You are pulling in some serious gold man!
Also, you inspired me to get a rock rake. So simple, so elegant. I've never been so excited to rake rocks I have big plans!

I have a number of spots near the Littleton side of the Platte totally untouched by prospectors that have given me anywhere from 8 to 20 colors per shovel full. I have test panned literally miles of the area and made a ton of maps . I know that we can find some great gold out there if you are down for a trip!

Good stuff Shofs. Only thing is he was running his dredge on a claim in the mountains when he got the 2+ grams :)
At said, you and GG should really meet up. You are definitely two of a kind!

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff Shofs. Only thing is he was running his dredge on a claim in the mountains when he got the 2+ grams :)
At said, you and GG should really meet up. You are definitely two of a kind!
That's reassuring then! So I know powered dredges aren't allowed in the area I'm digging in but what about a PVC hand dredge that feeds directly into the bazooka? I want to make one. Grizzly and Kevin you set the bar high, 1 gram a day will come though... just you guys watch! :icon_thumright:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A hand dredge is fine down in town. Yes you can feed it directly into a bazooka :)

However I can move more paydirt with a shovel so the pump has limited/specialty use only.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So I got after it on Sunday. It was pouring rain. No one else on the water. Didn't have the day I thought, but can't complain too much. I don't like digressing, but to my defense I did land between dredge holes. Not a bad day. 1.12grams total. Next weekend is getting a skip, and memorial day its ON!
We drove quite a ways to find a good campsite, but oh man it was worth it.

Attachments

• 1463484704424.jpg
    1463484704424.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 1463484717540.jpg
    1463484717540.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 1463484729580.jpg
    1463484729580.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Its clean!!

Attachments

• 1463872578830.jpg
    1463872578830.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 1463872592001.jpg
    1463872592001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 114

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GG - great clean out.
Clean gold, dirty gold - I don't care - I love it all. Thanks for the pics and keep them coming!

- Brian

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell yes man! Now you've got my attention! Lol with all the new products on the market I decided to upgrade and attach my A52 to my highbanker giving me a 8' sluice run. I'm gonna look into the CGC membership this week and hopefully get out there soon. I was trying to plan a trip to Dennis O'Neils to mess around but after seeing your recent pictures I think I'd rather pay for a membership and have a chance at good gold.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Cman! I'm definitely happy with how the gold is. It is an expensive membership, but its not that hard to get your gold back!! A few days of hard digging.. No prob! I'm actually very interested in using a highbanker there. Its a highbankers heaven man. I'd love to leave the dredge for a day and go hard with a shovel with you. I'm going up this weekend. Pm me if you need the claim lease guys info, super nice guy!

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Yeahhhh! That Colorado chunk!! Cleanup to come!

Attachments

• 1464581698456.jpg
    1464581698456.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 126

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread