The highs and lows of a 1916 Merc

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, was able enjoy a great day Sat. here in middle TN. Hit several coins in a yard but when you look in a hole and see silver...it really fires you up. But when you see a 1916 merc come out you can imagine my excitement! Ran back to the truck to get some water and soon had the back cleaned off.. :-\ No D. Ooh well, still a fun hunt. Also pulled in the greenest W penny I've ever seen. 1917.

Before the merc I pulled out a token that read ''good for one cake of crystal cocoa soap free when you buy one cake palmolive soap". On the other side it said how the dealer could casd it in from the palmolive-peet co. in Chicago. Got the merc on a short vid. Clip but neet to upload to youtube. Other items but these stood out the most.
Thanks for looking and HH.
2011-03-12_21-38-44_648.jpg

mercf.jpg

mercb.jpg

tokf.jpg

tok.jpg

Upvote 0
YEP....a 1916 Merc is enough for a small heartattack.....for sure. :laughing7:
But, it is a merc, and it is silver.....and the next one might be..........
sounds like you had a good hunt. Have some fun this spring/summer.....make some great finds...... :thumbsup:

Nice digs 3Ringer. Pretty cool token. What is that boot thing? Yeah, I also feel your pain on the 1916's. I don't find a lot of mercs but in a two month span a couple years back I found 3 plain 1916's :-\

Silver makes such a pretty tone on a detector, mmm mmm. Great find, my blood would be pumping too.

i dug two yesterday got to sweat the other side twice

Nate I don't think I could have taken two lol.

Jeff the boot is closed off at the top with 3 small holes. My thought was a novelty salt shaker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back