''The Hill'' - Day 3 - Neolithic Drill...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got an early start to try & beat the heavy rain but only managed 3 hours before we had to leave.
Not surprisingly this killed my Silver Streak.
Since we were last on here they have graded it down a bit & made it flatter for us but it changed the direction of the machine left lines & therefore hid our marking off.(the start point of our next grid) Therefore, we had to estimate it & do straight diagonal lines across the direction of flow. Not easy but we have had a bit of practice making straight line grids.:thumbsup: Pretty sure I managed to fill it in, so there was a slight overlap & therefore we missed no ground.

4 Scrappies
Jetton
Largest Spec. Buckle I've ever seen (bent & bust)
Bit of a Bronze Age Socketted Axe
13th C Annular Buckle
2 Neolithic Flints - 1 is my first Drill!

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a wash out for sure. Congrats
Well done on getting the drill any 1st is a great day I think.
The other might of been one also, but it is broken. (Just has the same type of taper)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always interesting to see what you find CRU. I've got a couple drilling or whatever NA stone artifacts. I was told by another collector, mine where consider more to be a perforator over a drill and used to punch holes in hides to stitch together.

Have you ever found any artifacts of the Beaker People? I just watched a show on Stonehenge and how the builders of Stonehenge's way of life seemed to come to its end with the arrival of these Beaker People, who were more advanced with their technology, beyond the previous stone age culture.

Attachments

• 20221121_160847.jpg
    20221121_160847.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 18

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got an early start to try & beat the heavy rain but only managed 3 hours before we had to leave.
Not surprisingly this killed my Silver Streak.
Since we were last on here they have graded it down a bit & made it flatter for us but it changed the direction of the machine left lines & therefore hid our marking off.(the start point of our next grid) Therefore, we had to estimate it & do straight diagonal lines across the direction of flow. Not easy but we have had a bit of practice making straight line grids.:thumbsup: Pretty sure I managed to fill it in, so there was a slight overlap & therefore we missed no ground.

4 Scrappies
Jetton
Largest Spec. Buckle I've ever seen (bent & bust)
Bit of a Bronze Age Socketted Axe
13th C Annular Buckle
2 Neolithic Flints - 1 is my first Drill!

View attachment 2056341 View attachment 2056342 View attachment 2056343 View attachment 2056344
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great day in my book! WTG Cru!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always interesting to see what you find CRU. I've got a couple drilling or whatever NA stone artifacts. I was told by another collector, mine where consider more to be a perforator over a drill and used to punch holes in hides to stitch together.

Have you ever found any artifacts of the Beaker People? I just watched a show on Stonehenge and how the builders of Stonehenge's way of life seemed to come to its end with the arrival of these Beaker People, who were more advanced with their technology, beyond the previous stone age culture.
I think they call it a 'drill' but as you say it probably acted like a sort of punch for leather, however it would be more drill like on bone or antler.
The beakers from the late stone age early Bronze Age are very rare to find, so no, nothing like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread