What's new

the Hill I missed

chase2

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just a kid and I went out hunting...It was hot out and I looked up at a small hill and told myself nope.Big mistake that place was loaded. I went up another hill and managed to lug out a Metate of thirty pounds back with me it was a week later that if I had only went up there it was a great camp One with beads and metal arrowheads, Man OH Man I did find a campsite in the basin from the hill and my first metal arrowhead DSCN1805.webp
 
Upvote 0
One trip up there I saw the clouds building and around the mountain was a thunderstorm like you could not believe and you know we sat there sifting beads until the rain hit and we ran down the hill in a gully wash and sat on a patch looking at a washout that kept us traped
 
on top of a hill?...grave site?
 
no campsite I will not go there I am sure I could find some amazing artifacts but it is not me I find artifacts that were used day in and day out those ere what I want to find .....never been a trophy hunter.
 
Id like to see why its a metal point. Looks like a piece of sheet metal to me. Educate me
 
wow jackpot !!!!!!!!!
 
What is the item in the first pic closest to the quarter (rectangular shape) I found something on a beach a while back not sure what it is ... Prob modern but wasn't sure it here's a pic of it ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483130272.707352.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483130285.268852.webp
 
Id like to see why its a metal point. Looks like a piece of sheet metal to me. Educate me
Rock it is not am easy answer ....first I was not there and second I was not there. but with that said metal was sought after to them. Any metal and they used it in many ways. if a gun did not have ammo or gun powder they would smash down the gun barrels to make arrowheads if it was a tin can they would make knives. They used every bit of metal and made what they could. Not all hade stuff to trade but all wanted metal so it was more a cannibal of what was on hand.DSCN2454.webp
 
Possibly lead.... To heavy to be copper and it's not magnetic so maybe lead.... I mainly kept it because the rounded parts in both ends has marks that looks drilled but it almost looks like the drill marks you would see on banner stone or pipe. For now it will stay in box of "interesting " pieces that's always growing and always driving the wife crazy ....
 
For now it will stay in box of "interesting " pieces that's always growing and always driving the wife crazy ....

LOL ! I hear ya

Maybe some sort of fishing net weight. I have seen nets with thing like that around the perimeter...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom